If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: St. Sulpice in Paris is a must see because of the organ

Message 1 of 4

Awesome.  I hope Daniel Roth will be there playing some tunes on the organ.  The public transportation system is mainly run by RATP.  They have several tram routes and St. Sulpiece for sure is served by RATP bus route #84.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for an interesting article.  I will be going to Paris for the irst time this spring and will plan on visiting St. Sulpice.  

@AARPLynne wrote:

Hello, @PatrickR720159. Wow thank you for your review of St. Sulpice. Your description transports all of us there!

Does anyone else have a special place in Paris they'd like to share about?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Hello, @PatrickR720159. Wow thank you for your review of St. Sulpice. Your description transports all of us there!

Does anyone else have a special place in Paris they'd like to share about?

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

St. Sulpice in Paris is a must see because of the organ

Message 4 of 4

Cavielle Coll has made several organs in France.  St. Sulpiece is where organist Daniel Roth plays.  But I hear to get to that big 5 manual Cavielle Col, you have to walk up a 52-step spiral staircase and you enter a balcony overlooking the sancutary and once you come out, you are really about 3 or 4 stories up in the air!  Back in the days when Mozart, Beethoven, and many great composers, they had no choice but to put up with that long walk and bineg 3 or more stories up in the air just to get to the console to do their work.  I am not sure how much space there is between the pipe facade and the opening that is over the rail.  What is so cool about the place is when the organist is done plaing, the sound travels on for quite a distance.  I wish that there was an easier way up there.  I am not sure who will be the next organist to play at St. Sulpiece when they loose their beloved Daniel Roth.  I am glad that the organ is being preserved so that a piece of historic music never dies.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors