AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Sleeper Bus Travel

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 3 (116 Views)

@.....@retiredtraveler  take a look at this!  : )  what do you think?

This reminds me of the Japenese pod hotels  !...".

I would consider this if there was a route from the Chicago area going someplace I wanted. I'm not familiar with Japanese pods, so I looked at pics and yup, it looks like the bus stole this from them. 

There is a hotel at Heathrow (Yotel)  that has tiny rooms. Not pods, as they are ensuite, but the room is just slightly larger than the bed which does sit in a pod. And if you want options such as TV, you pay extra.

Good concept for a certain type of traveler.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Sleeper Bus Travel

Message 2 of 3 (139 Views)

Boy in our younger and less moneyed days we took the Greyhound to NYC and did countless bus trips.  Sleeping on the express bus was no picnic...  this would be amazingly differenet.  LOL

I already sent it to my sister to see if she wants to take a bus but I think the odds are no.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Respected Social Butterfly

Sleeper Bus Travel

Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)

http://travel.aarp.org/articles-tips/articles/info-2017/california-sleeper-bus-trip-fd.html?intcmp=O...

A California startup called Cabin is seizing an opportunity here and running an overnight bus service between Los Angeles and San Francisco. And calling it a “bus service” may be more than a bit misleading.

Cabin is designed to let its customers sleep through the trip. Its buses contain 24 private, pod-like sleeper cabins, each with sound-absorbing walls, blackout drapes, power supplies and a reading light. Rates currently run about $115 each way, and the eight-hour trips are always made overnight. For nonsleepers, there is a lounge.

The price is slightly higher than weekend flights from Los Angeles to San Francisco and back, but passengers also don’t have to hassle with airports and can maximize the time they spend in the two cities.

@retiredtraveler  take a look at this!  : )  what do you think?

This reminds me of the Japenese pod hotels  !

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith