Discover Healthy Recipes. Search By Cuisine, Lifestyle, Nutritional Info And More. Earn Double Reward Points.

Conversationalist

Re: Retirement communities in Mexico

Message 21 of 23

My wife and I are not residents in Mexico, nor have we been to Puerta Vallarta.  We do, however, go to San Miguel de Allende every year.  The weather is great year round, services are good, culture is rich and the arts flourish - SMdA is considered by many to be the arts center of the country.  Restaurants are plentiful, varied and reasonably priced.  They have the largest English language library in the country and an active community of expats.  Before you make up your mind where you are going to retire - give it a try. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Retirement communities in Mexico

Message 22 of 23

You might take a look at this blog and there are many others. I believe this person has lived in San Miguel for approx 15 years.

https://babsofsanmiguel.blogspot.com/

Info Seeker

Retirement communities in Mexico

Message 23 of 23

My husband and I, along with another gay couple, are considering retiring in Mexico. We have several acquaintances who have recently purchased property in Puerto Velarrta and are happy with their experience but have only a few months experience.

I am interested in hearing from members who are currently retired in Mexico about their experience. I am particularly interested in access to healthcare, cost of living, owning property and quality of life experience.