Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Mexico Travel

Message 1 of 3

Thanks for the info. The link should be working now.

I've been to Mexico twice, most recently for 3 months last fall. It's one of my favorite countries for the food, cultures, history, diversity, etc. I've been throughout most of central Mexico and the Yucatan, but not to Tijuana, which I've heard is very different from the rest of the country. 

Your time in the Yucatan sounds wonderful--a little bit of everything! I was in Oaxaca for Day of the Dead festivities. It was magical! Lots of street bands and dancers (comparsas), and altars set up everywhere--hotels, stores, restaurants, etc. It's especially amazing at night. I didn't get a chance to take a cooking class when there, but that would be great. Oaxaca is known for its seven types of moles. The yellow mole was a favorite of mine.

o1.jpego8.jpeg06.jpeg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mexico Travel

Message 2 of 3

Hi @VoyagerVicki. That link isn't working. At least I can't get Safari to open the page, instead citing too many redirects. FWIW and all. Smiley Happy

Yes, I've been to Mexico. I visited Tijuana a few times as a young adult living in California. Aside from the pottery I can't say I was terribly impressed.

DH and I spent time in a small Yucatan fishing village, buying fish direct from fishermen and cooking up a fabulous storm in our rented house. While in the area we visited the numerous Mayan sites and enjoyed a few drives through the jungle. We found the textiles and arts in this part of Mexico to be of good quality, the people to be gracious, and the sights to be spellbinding. We snorkeled; enjoyed street fairs and music; took long walks on the gorgeous beaches: visited resorts and learned a boatload of Mayan history. A most awesome trip.

I want to visit Oaxaca in no small part for the distinct food. I'd like to go take a cooking class while there. I mean, I have a number of Oaxaca specific cookbooks, but ... oh to be there learning local cuisine with totally authentic ingredients. Yes, please. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Mexico Travel

Message 3 of 3

Who has been to Mexico? Where in Mexico have you traveled and for how long? Do you have a favorite Mexican city? If so, why?

Here are AARP's picks for where to visit in Mexico: http://travel.aarp.org/articles-tips/articles/info-2017/mexican-getaways-photo.html

Do you agree? Any other place(s) you would add?

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users