Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Map It Monday

Message 11 of 30

This week's word: Mysterious

Where is the most mysterious place you've traveled?

What mysterious place do you most want to travel to?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 30

@COskibum That's ok. Antarctica is definitely an extraordinary place I'm sure. Glad you had that experience. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 30

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but wintering-over at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station Antarctica is about as unusual as it gets.  I'd like to visit Machu Picchu some day...

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 30

This week's word: Unusual

Where is the most unusual place you've traveled? What unusual place do you most want to travel to?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 30
The last sights my spouse and I went to see were the Mountains going through Connecticut, many years ago. Idid not get to take any pictures unfortunately.
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Map It Monday - Expensive

Message 16 of 30

@COskibum I really want to go to Antarctica and am now starting to research it for New Year's 2020 (a year and a half away). It will be my most expensive trip in my life. Past expensive trips have been Russia, Cuba, Gulf states, and Lesotho. I did some as a solo traveler on individual tours--so, doubly expensive.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Map It Monday - Expensive

Message 17 of 30

Once again without a doubt Antarctica, but that was for a job.  On my own "dime" is a close call between New York City and Kauai.  I'd like to take a 120-day around the world cruise some day....

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 30

This week's word: Expensive

Where is the most expensive place you've traveled? What expensive place do you most want to travel to?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 30

A hotel in Nairobi we stayed at had many heavily armed guards with AR's, AK's and bomb sniffing dogs that checked all vehicles and people that enter their grounds. The military was on duty all throughout the city. At that time some political unrest and Isis was present in Nairobi. We only stayed two days there but never really felt threatened outside our hotel. The rest of the country wasn’t on alert like Nairobi.

We were supposed to port in Kusadasi Turkey once while on a Meditriean cruise and because of political unrest with Isis inside the country they substituted that port for Mikonos Greece at the last moment.

Statistics claim you’re as likely to die in a fall in your home, die in a car accident or drown in your bathtub as to be killed in a terrorist attack. There are countries I wouldn’t travel in but for the most part I think traveling is safe in most countries.

For the "most beautiful place we've traveled" it's hard to choose but Ireland brings back many great memories. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 30

Vegas Baby! Its a Hot Hot mess its the funnest place to visit! But.....despite the statistics I always feel safe. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users