Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Jamaica West Indies!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Jamaica West Indies!

Anyone visited or lives there or would like to? ๐Ÿค” 

Jamaica , a Caribbean island nation, has a lush topography of mountains, rainforests and reef-lined beaches. Many of its all-inclusive resorts are clustered in Montego Bay, with its British-colonial architecture, and Negril, known for its diving and snorkeling sites.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone visited or lives there or would like to? ๐Ÿค” 

Jamaica , a Caribbean island nation, has a lush topography of mountains, rainforests and reef-lined beaches. Many of its all-inclusive resorts are clustered in Montego Bay, with its British-colonial architecture, and Negril, known for its diving and snorkeling sites.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Years ago, my wife and I had the choice of honeymooning in N.Y.C. or Jamaica. We chose New York. We always regretted that because we have never had the opportunity to travel to the Caribbean again.

However...........

I don't know that I'd even consider Jamaica today.

According to Travellersworldwide.com, traveling to Jamaica can be quite dangerous. They tell you to avoid carrying things that you don't want taken from you, They advise you to not walk anywhere at night. As to LGBTQ++ tourists, Time Magazine once referred to Jamaica as the most homophobic country on the planet.

But most concerning is their HOMICIDE RATE.

According to the United Nations Office On Drugs and Crime, Jamaica has a homicide rate of 44.7 deaths per 100,000, one of the highest in the world. Compare that to a 0.3 per 100,000 rate in Japan or even, in gun happy United States, a rate of 6.5 per 100,000.

Regular Contributor

You feel safe in New York? i don't carry anything anywhere  that i would to lose or have taken from me on vacation. I'm aware of my surrounding. a friend of mine got robbed in London several years ago.it common sense and mindset.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP