You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How many countries have you been to?

Message 41 of 67

I'm not sure, but I think thirty-eight.

I've visited every state and nation in América except the NorthWest Territories, Nicaragua, El Salvador, the Guianas, Paraguay, one of the US states, Aruba, Dominica.

I have visited France*, Spain*, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Yugoslavia*, Greece, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and England.

I've spent a collective approximate three months in Canada, three months in México, a month in the Caribbean, a month in Central America, nine weeks in South America, and close to a year in Europe. Adding the USA where I've taken a couple of two-week trips, a few of of three weeks, and a couple of six weekers, I've spent about five, maybe six, years on The Road, i.e., out of town.

I've visited just about every archæological site in America of which you've ever heard and probably many of which you've never heard. I've visited the Prado,the Louvre, the Chicago Art Institute, and countless other museums of art. I've visited the Smithsonian and British museums as well as many tiny ones in little towns all over the place.

This I can tell you:

THERE IS NO GREENER GRASS THAN SAN FRANCISCO!

*There are articles at My WEB site.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 67

I have been to India twice & I am preparing for my third trip in January 2019.  I have also been to London, Rome, Beruit, Kathmandu, & Paris.   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 67

9,Belgium, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, India, Greece, Ireland, Great Britain

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 67

Canada,Mexico,Greece,Italy,Turkey,Germany,United Kingdom,Philippines,Guam, and the Azores. All free thanks to Uncle Sam USAF.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 67

I've only been to twelve countries but some of them I would definitely like to return to for another visit. I would love to go back to the Netherlands to try to find my ancestral family and maybe even the house my grandmother lived in. I would also like to revisit Greece. There are too many islands and too many museums and ruins to see in one trip. Plus I love the food there and the people are so friendly. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 67

I have been to all of North America, all of East Asia, all of Southeast Asia, all of Western Europe, several Caribbean islands, New Zealand, and Australia. Scotland, New Zealand, and Australia are hands down my favorite destinations.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 67

I have concentrated on seeing the U.S. I have visited all 50 states plus Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. I've been in all Canadian provinces except the Maritimes, plus Yukon Territory. Outside the U.S., 20 countries so far. Most of Western Europe, all of western South America, eastern Central America, and Morocco. I think Norway is like Switzerland with an ocean, and I really like Colombia - great people, great scenery, and great food!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 67

We saw Macaroni, Magellenic and King penguins, none of which we had seen in Antarctica.  In addition, when we were on land, we were much closer to penguins and seals because they were so dense.  On Prion Island in South Georgia we hiked to a nesting place for albatross and petrels.  In the Falklands we hiked to see albatross and rockhopper penguin nests mixed together.  Our trip was in February and March; we have friends who went in November and saw things, for example, mating rituals, that we did not see.  So time of year makes a difference too.  Below: the smaller ship is the one we traveled on.IMG_0804.JPG

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 67

I have had the privilege to visit Holland, England, Israel, Germany, Jordan, Damascus, Rome, and Athen. My favorite place is Israel, which for me is the "cradle of my faith." Going there is like stepping back into 2000 years of time, and to see so many things [Camels, Bedowin Shepherds, Donkey, sheep, Orthodox Jews, famous religious and historical sites made famous in the Bible and World History] and to meet so many fascinating people. It is a journey one never forgets because there is nothing for which to compare. My second favorite place to visit was Greece, especially Athens and the ruins of Corinth. Greece is a place filled with happy, jubilant people who love to have tourists come to their land and they treat you like a royal guest. I am now retired, but I have so many wonderful memories of the above places I got to experience and remember for a life-time.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 67

According to this website you gave in your reply, I have  been to 68.  We had the privilege of living in six of them for varible lengths of time so that helped to be able to travel.  I would not trade those 27 years for anything!  Even getting trapped in Hunza , N. Pakistan and having to walk out with four little kids to being stuck on the island of Jeh, in Alinglaplap Atoll in the Marshall islands for 11 days.   It was a privilege to travel.  

Kudos
Views