The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How many U.S. states have you been to?

Message 71 of 152

I have been to 44 states and the territorial island of Guam, Michigan, Wisconsin, Idaho, Montana, Connecticut and Massachuetts are the only ones I have not been to.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 152

All except Alaska, a miss we will correct this year. 

Also been in over 90 foreign countries.  Lived in two of them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 152

I've been to 47 states, all of them except Delaware, and North and South Dakota.  They are still on my to do list, more for the accomplishment than for the sights, but there are a few things I would like to see in each.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 152

24 not 16

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 152

We have visited 45 States as well as Washington DC.  The rest are on our bucket list.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 152

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 152

I have been to all 50 states now and done something significant in each states, many of them I have been to from 2-30 times (I'm 69 yrs old) and all of them have spent at least 1 night in but most states have spent from 3 to 7 nights each time.  I even stayed for 2 months in FL on one of my trips (for my job).  I'm blessed with friends who love to travel and helped me to get to my goal.

The last state I visited was North Dakota and what a pleasant surprise I got in Fargo when I visited their Visitor's Bureau.  I did not know this when I walked in the door but they have a "Saved The Best For Last" Club and gave me a t-shirt with that on it, took my picture, gave me a certificate and even have their own Facebook page.   It was a fun experience and Fargo is a great city to visit, as well as other stops within the state.

Happy travels!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 152

I have been to 48 states.  The only two I have not been to are Alaska and Hawaii. I may still make it to Alaska, but have a fear of flying due to a bad experience, so doubt if I go to Hawaii. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 152

I'm a Georgia boy born and bred. But I spent 12 of my 65 years residing in North Carolina and being homesick for Georgia from age 47 until age 59 (and no, I wasn't in jail if that's what you're thinking) LOL. I've always been a geography geek and can remember almost every place my travels and God have taken me. I've visited 28 states in which I spent at least one night. I don't know if this counts, but I've set foot in 6 other states for a couple of hours at airport hubs on layovers waiting for connecting flights. I also don't know if this counts either, but I've flown over the airspace of 13 other states and seen them from 33,000 feet up. The only 3 states I've neither set foot in nor flown over are Alaska, Maine and Vermont. I went to Australia in 1980. However I only saw the Honolulu airport at midnight during Qantas refueling stops on my trip over to and my return trip from Sydney. Hawaii would be the place I'd like to revisit, but for 2 weeks instead of 2 hours !!

Greg
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 152

All except Alaska, Maine, and North Dakota.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors