Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How many U.S. states have you been to?

Message 31 of 149

I have visited 32 states, looking forward to adding more this spring and summer. I really would love to visit New Mexico,Oregon and Washington state. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 149

We have been to all 50 states during the 46+ years we have been married.  A number of them we've been to multiple times.  There are always adventures to explore and new people to meet.  We are always thinking of ways to meet and visit other Jehovah's Witnesses as we're traveling.  They are all like family no matter where we go and we have made many lasting friendships.  Some of them have come to visit us in Kissimmee, Florida!!  Visiting our extended families is also one of the things we do as they're scattered from California to New York.  Our kids grew up traveling with us, they've started doing the same things with their own kids.  I guess we must have planted those seeds of traveling.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 149

40 so far.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 149
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 149

Been to 49 out of 50, never been to Alaska. Didn’t like North Dakota in the winter don’t know if I would care for Alaska then either.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 149

Hello Community 

I have been to 32 states plus DC & Canada & Mexico. I have lived in 5 states.

The 18 states I have not visited are all ones across top of US ...far north...I hope to one day visit the New England states in the Fall would be awesome. 

I loved Maui Hawaii and also Nigeria Falls I have enjoyed many things in all states been to. Also loved the Smithsonian in DC and Lincoln Memorial. 

I have only been to St Lucia outside of US was there when storm came didn't care much for area not like I loved Hawaii which I would love to revisit the other islands when whales come and see Pearl Harbor museum. 

I've dreamed of visiting Paris and the Pyramids 

I enjoy traveling and seeing & learning about new areas.

I enjoyed this topic and reminiscing about the travels of my life. : ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 149

I have been to all 50 states including DC. Each state has its own quality and wonder. I'd visit them all over again.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 149

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 149

Wow!  This just made me think of all the states I haven't yet visited and desire to!!!  Smiley Happy  I've traveled and lived abroad so I have much catching up to do. 

Let's see.  I've been to 26 states and DC on vacations and for business, the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.  Still want to see Mt. Rushmore and Niagara Falls, then maybe Alaska and Hawaii after that.

I do love to travel.  Spent time going to school and living in the Middle East as a teen and young woman [Dad was with PanAm].  Traveled to other magical places in Europe and the Caribbean. I'm a Hungarian (Mom) and French/Italian (Dad) New Yorker and 1st generation born American [now a senior Smiley Happy] and want to do more travelling.  I love air, ship, automobile and train travel.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How many U.S. states have you been to?49

Message 40 of 149

I have not visited Nebraska

Kudos
Views