You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How many U.S. states have you been to?

Message 21 of 47

I recently read that the average American has visited 12 states, which puts me in a unique category of having spent time in 41 of them. I have yet to visit Washington state, the Dakotas, or the northeastern states. The good news is having experienced multiple coast to coast moves, I have become a well organized packer while continuing to downsize over the years. My kids will appreciate this one day when they discover that my life consists of a stack of journals, photos I have meticulously catalogued, and a couple of shoe boxes of mementos. Recently, I moved to South Lake Tahoe, CA from the east coast so another trip is not immediately in the cards. Should that day come, I would head directly to Maine, Rhode Island, and Vermont.  What I have learned throughout my travels is that you must talk to people in every state you visit to appreciate new surroundings, cultures, history, etc.  By discovering and accepting other people’s differences and similarities, you can learn so much more about yourself -- provided you make time to listen.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 47

My wife and I have been to all fifty states and most of them at least twice or more.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 47

I have been to all but 8. I missed Alaska, Oregon, N. Dakota, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine, Vermont, and Massachussetts.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 47

I've been to all the states however my wife is missing several in the middle of the country.  Next spring we're planning a trip to alleviate this nagging problem.  We'll start at Gateway Arch National Park in Missouri, drive through the corner of Kansas, pick up a tornado or two in eastern Oklahoma, visit Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas, visit the metropolis of Burnsville, Ms, then drive exactly one mile into Alabama and back!  That should take care of this nagging problem.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 47

We have visited all 50, completed in 2014 with North Dakota. Also DC, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 47

I have been to 45 states and 1 territory (Puerto Rico).  I still have not yet been to North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Montana and Wyoming.  I have witnessed beauty that is unique to each location and am grateful for the opportunity to visit them all!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 47

Been to all 50 states plus more than 40 foreign countries.  I'm 81 and still traveling.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 47

I've been to 49 states, including Washington D.C., but not Maine.  I've been to Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 47

I've been to 49 states, including Washington D.C., but not Maine.  I've been to Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 47

49 and I stil trying to figure how to hit North Dakota, my remaining state. It is not a big tourist draw and it's not on the way somewhere. 

I have done parts of Europe, Canada, and the Far East, and really have no desire to visit any of them again. If I did some international travel it might be to the Carribbean - Mexico, Autralia/New Zealand, Italy, and the UK... but considering what is happening in the UK, may be not. 

Really, America is so great, I really would rather revisit all of the National Parks than go anywhere else. 

America is the bestest!

Kudos
Views