Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

How many U.S. states have you been to?

Which U.S. states have you visited? Which other ones do you still want to see?

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Contributor

I've been to 47 states, all of them except Delaware, and North and South Dakota.  They are still on my to do list, more for the accomplishment than for the sights, but there are a few things I would like to see in each.

0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

25 to count; from youth groups to church groups to school groups. Still have those who I have not listed.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

At least 10 that I can recall!

0 Kudos

I have lived, worked in and/or visited every state with the single exception of Idaho.  I was born in NC when my dad worked for Sears and with every promotion we moved to the next larger store - usually in another state.  After turning down an opportunity to move to Illinois and Sears headquarters, my father went back to college and then got into the newspaper business which took the family to Ohio.   I took summer jobs in New England before and during college.  After college I moved to Colorado and later New Mexico.  I started law school in Iowa and finished in Minnesota.  In my 35+ years of practicing law I traveled throughout the country as trial counsel for multiple clients. I lived in California, New Hampshire and later Illinois for most of those years.  I visited Hawaii 5 times - but only one time did I leave the airport!  After retirement I traveled to Alaska including a visit in mid February just to say “been there done that”.  So what’s left - a visit to Idaho of course.  The U.S. is an amazing country and while I have traveled internationally, my best trips have always here.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Impressive, I only went to Alaska as well as it was a state so had to include it.   It was nice trip (cruise) though.  Have fun in Idaho--the northern part is beautiful!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We have visited 43 states

0 Kudos

39 + Washington DC

0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos

I’ve visited (spent time in) all 50 states, plus DC. I’ve also been to about 140 countries and still counting. Serious travel bug issues 😊
Kudos
Views
Contributor

All 50 and every US Territory.  I was able to travel to each state because I was in the Navy with a rate that required the travel.  I truly have enjoyed each state, for each one is different with it's own, I call personality.  I have lived, at least one year, in 15 states and are now retired in my favorite one for 10 years, Utah.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I've been to fourteen states on the eastern coast from Maine to Florida...All of them have their own beauty...I love New England because of all the seasons that we have...
Kudos
Views
Contributor

I've made it to all 50. The first was Ohio; 50th was Oklahoma about 9 years ago.  It took over 50 years 😊

0 Kudos
Contributor

48 for me.  Would love to visit Alaska and Hawaii and go skydiving. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I've been to 20 states and Washington, D.C  I have  on my bucket list to visit Maine someday. 

Conversationalist

I've been to all 50. I was in Juneau, AK on July 4, 1959, for the statehood celebration. My 50th was Hawaii in 1964. Most of them have changed a lot since then. 

Contributor

I have been to 35 U.S. states.  I am only counting the ones I have actually stayed in or done something significant in.  I may have driven through a few of the 15 states I have yet to travel to, but did not stop at all, except maybe a meal. 

I am still working full time, but it is my goal that shortly before I retire and then after, I will travel to the remaining 15 states.   Unfortunately, our children and grandchildren live a great distance from us, so much of my vacation time is used going to their locations and not any new places.  I think I can managed quickly to get to these remaining states, especially after I retire.  Several of them are near each other so that will make it easier.  

Contributor

I have been to all 50 states now and done something significant in each states, many of them I have been to from 2-30 times (I'm 69 yrs old) and all of them have spent at least 1 night in but most states have spent from 3 to 7 nights each time.  I even stayed for 2 months in FL on one of my trips (for my job).  I'm blessed with friends who love to travel and helped me to get to my goal.

The last state I visited was North Dakota and what a pleasant surprise I got in Fargo when I visited their Visitor's Bureau.  I did not know this when I walked in the door but they have a "Saved The Best For Last" Club and gave me a t-shirt with that on it, took my picture, gave me a certificate and even have their own Facebook page.   It was a fun experience and Fargo is a great city to visit, as well as other stops within the state.

Happy travels!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP