Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

How many U.S. states have you been to?

Which U.S. states have you visited? Which other ones do you still want to see?

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Contributor

I've been to 46 States, Washington DC,& Puerto Rico. I still need to visit N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Montana, & Idaho. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've been to 46 States & Puerto Rico. I still need to visit N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Montana, & Idaho. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've been to all of them, including Alaska and Hawaii, except North Dakota and Nebraska, and hope to make those two eventually. I love to explore America in my RV, but my favorite is my home state of Georgia. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been to all 50 states.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I've been to:  Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming -- 16 states.

I'd like to see:  Alaska, Alabama, Conneticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusettes, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia -- 28

0 Kudos
Contributor

All 50 state capitals and DC.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Alaska is on my Bucket List

0 Kudos
Contributor

All 50! Took me until the past few years to get to Alaska, Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest. I can't say one or two impressed me most, but the vast range of climates and geography has been amazing.

Regular Contributor

I have been to 25 states, loved them all. Oregon & California most beautiful. My bucket list includes, Maine and Minnesota

0 Kudos
Contributor

Visited and drove through all of them except Alaska, that one is my next road trip.

0 Kudos

I have been to 40 states. Looking to finish the remainder in the next few years.

0 Kudos

I’ve been to 19 states. My goal is to eventually make it to all state and US territories. I do love a good road trip. Most of my travels have been on the east coast as far west as I’ve been is Missouri and as far north being New York. I have traveled outside the US several times though. My main bucket list is an Alaskan cruise and to take several excursions.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

I've been to 38 of the 50 states.   The only state I have not been in East of the Mississippi River are New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.  I would love to go there is the fall for the leaves changing color.  I also would love to get to the Northwest part of this country as well as Alaska.  That would leave New Mexico to complete my bucket list.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado

Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland

Michigan

Mississippi

Montana

Nevada

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina
Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

Tennessee
Texas

Utah

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

and England

My favorites - England; the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia; Chaco Canyon, New Mexico, and Zion National Park, Utah

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado

Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland

Michigan

Mississippi

Montana

Nevada

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina
Ohio

South Carolina

Tennessee
Texas

Utah

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

and England

My favorites - England; the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia; Chaco Canyon, New Mexico, and Zion National Park, Utah

0 Kudos

I have been lucky enough to travel to all 50 states!!!  I only counted it if I actually stayed in the state & did some activity there.  My favorites were Montana, CA,Alaska, NC SC. Wyoming CO, GA AL. Utah Washington state & Oregon.  I like the mountains more than beaches.  

I found something positive in every state, but some states are prettier than others.

the last state I went to was ND.  That is a flat state with few trees.   I did really enjoy the Theodore Roosevelt National Park.  The first state I went to was the state I was born in-OH.

another goal I have now is to go to all the National Parks.  So, I will get back to many of the States I admire.

I have visited 32 states, looking forward to adding more this spring and summer. I really would love to visit New Mexico,Oregon and Washington state. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

We have been to all 50 states during the 46+ years we have been married.  A number of them we've been to multiple times.  There are always adventures to explore and new people to meet.  We are always thinking of ways to meet and visit other Jehovah's Witnesses as we're traveling.  They are all like family no matter where we go and we have made many lasting friendships.  Some of them have come to visit us in Kissimmee, Florida!!  Visiting our extended families is also one of the things we do as they're scattered from California to New York.  Our kids grew up traveling with us, they've started doing the same things with their own kids.  I guess we must have planted those seeds of traveling.

0 Kudos
Contributor

40 so far.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Contributor

Been to 49 out of 50, never been to Alaska. Didn’t like North Dakota in the winter don’t know if I would care for Alaska then either.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hello Community 

I have been to 32 states plus DC & Canada & Mexico. I have lived in 5 states.

The 18 states I have not visited are all ones across top of US ...far north...I hope to one day visit the New England states in the Fall would be awesome. 

I loved Maui Hawaii and also Nigeria Falls I have enjoyed many things in all states been to. Also loved the Smithsonian in DC and Lincoln Memorial. 

I have only been to St Lucia outside of US was there when storm came didn't care much for area not like I loved Hawaii which I would love to revisit the other islands when whales come and see Pearl Harbor museum. 

I've dreamed of visiting Paris and the Pyramids 

I enjoy traveling and seeing & learning about new areas.

I enjoyed this topic and reminiscing about the travels of my life. : ) 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been to all 50 states including DC. Each state has its own quality and wonder. I'd visit them all over again.

Contributor

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Wow!  This just made me think of all the states I haven't yet visited and desire to!!!  🙂  I've traveled and lived abroad so I have much catching up to do. 

Let's see.  I've been to 26 states and DC on vacations and for business, the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.  Still want to see Mt. Rushmore and Niagara Falls, then maybe Alaska and Hawaii after that.

I do love to travel.  Spent time going to school and living in the Middle East as a teen and young woman [Dad was with PanAm].  Traveled to other magical places in Europe and the Caribbean. I'm a Hungarian (Mom) and French/Italian (Dad) New Yorker and 1st generation born American [now a senior :)] and want to do more travelling.  I love air, ship, automobile and train travel.   

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been to 31 states (+Washington, D.C.) and the ones I'm missing are in the most northern middle section of the country.  I have lived in 8 of those states.  I've been in Florida about 30 years now and lived in 14 different places in 5 different cities.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

48. I used to drive a big rig across the US and to Canada.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

All fifty of them!   That was our first major goal. 

Lol, it was fun being corrected by people after we said Alaska was our fiftieth state (“Oh no!  Hawaii is our 50th state.”).  We neglected to add “...50th state to visit.”

Our next goal was to set foot on every continent.  We accomplished that goal this past December.  

Now to see/touch the Arctic Ocean!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been to 43 states and 25 countries.  My husband and I love to travel by car and visit National Parks.

Spoiler

Nancy J
0 Kudos
Contributor

Missing: Alaska and North Dakota

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP