You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How many U.S. states have you been to?

Message 1 of 101

I have been to 43 states and 25 countries.  My husband and I love to travel by car and visit National Parks.

Spoiler

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How many U.S. states have you been to?48

Message 2 of 101

Missing: Alaska and North Dakota

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 101

I have been to 20 states, some more than once, plus Washington DC.  The states are Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.  Have also been to Mexico, Spain, France, England and Scotland but that was in the late 70's.  Did take a trip as a child, with my parents along the New England coast to Canada.  Have very few memories of the trip as I was only 7 at the time.  There is only one state I still want to visit and that is Alaska.  Now that I am retired and living on a fixed income I don't know if I'll be able to make that trip but I can dream.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 101
I have been to 43 states, and the territorial Island of Guam, Mich., Wisc.,,Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Conn and Mass.. are the ones I have.not been to.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 101

Been to 49.  Only missing Louisiana.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 101

I’ve been to 47 states and I must say I’ve enjoyed each one of them for their own unique beauty, culture, economy and history. I’ve noted that a number of respondents haven’t yet been to the Dakotas, or more specifically North Dakota, and can say I’ve found both of these states to be rewarding in what they offer, especially in their western regions (Blackhills in SD and the Badlands/Teddy Roosevelt sites in ND). Remaining on my list are three gems (New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine). We plan to visit these three states later this year and also add the Canadian provinces of Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia to complete our list for the U.S., with Newfoundland, Yukon Territories, Northwest Territories and Nunavik remaining in Canada. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 101

We have visited each of the fifty states and each of the state capitols except Trenton NJ , which was deemed too dangerous to walk!. We did this through the American Volkssport Association, (http://www.ava.org). These capitol walks were generally 10k (6.2 miles) in length. At the same time, we completed similar walks in each of the ten Canadian Provinces, but not the three territories.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 101

I've been to all 50...Love them all.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 101

I've been to all 50 states.  Some of them several times. I've only slept in 49 however. According to my records we never spent an overnight in Nebraska. Hope to continue visiting them again and again. So much to see, so little time.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 101

I have been to 48 states - all states except Hawaii and Alaska.

Kudos
Views