Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How many U.S. states have you been to?

Retired Community Manager

How many U.S. states have you been to?

Which U.S. states have you visited? Which other ones do you still want to see?

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

WOW, this is fabulous!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Have had the good fortune of visiting all 50, but at the age of 87 I've had a lot of time to travel our beautiful country.

Contributor

15 and counting I still want to go to California Puerto Rico hawaii

0 Kudos

I have been in 45 states and lived in 4.

0 Kudos

My husband and I have been to all 50 states. Our latest goal is to play golf in all 50 states.  So far, we have golfed in 34 states. Every state has its good points and interesting places to see.

Contributor

All 50 - my last was Missouri in 2016 at age 53. Besides traversing the country to see relatives, I saw a few states when I went for something work related and the rest were either on a bird watching or National Park related trip.

Contributor

30 so far

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've been to 46 states. The 4 on my bucket list are:

Delaware
Idaho
Louisiana
Hawaii

0 Kudos

So far Iโ€™ve had the good fortune to visit 48 states with Alaska and North Dakota to be visited. Alaska in August then maybe North Dakota next year. Iโ€™ve also had the privilege of visiting 71 foreign countries, 6 continents, sailed on 3 oceans and numerous seas. Very very fortunate.  And nearly all of this with my dear wife of 39 years. 

Super Contributor

I've been to 13 (NY, NJ, CT, RI, VA, FL, TX, CA, HI, TN, GA, ME and PA) as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

0 Kudos

All 50 plus DC

Contributor

I have been to all 50 states. Also some countries in Europe,  Asia, Canada and Mexico 

Trusted Contributor

13 and D.C. I guess that makes me the homebody of the group, so far. ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been to 47 states.  All except Alaska and Hawaii which i can't wait to see.  I have not been to Kansas, just an hour outside but did not make it.  Someone from Kansas-TELL ME WHAT TO SEE!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have been to or at least through just about all of the United States except for Hawaii, Alaska, Vermont, Maine, Delaware, and New Hampshire.  Maybe one day.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have been to states that I attended science fiction or library conventions or was on the way to one. Born in Wisconsin, now live in Illinois, have traveled to Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticutt, Delaware, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Minnesota, Colorado, California. I was only in Hawaii for refueling on the way to Australia and Tahiti. I need to visit more of the western states which I would like to do by train.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I was a hard working farm gal but as the saying goes โ€œyou canโ€™t keep them down on the farm forever!โ€. So in 1973 at age 19, I joined the USAF. It was the first time I was on a plane while flying to Lackland AB in San Antonio, TX. It wet my whistle to all things travel, as well as 2 years later for my husband, another USAF vet. We saw 15 states during our Air Force years and also lived in Germany for 2 years. After we were discharged in 1977 we went on a cross-crountry, budget tent trip visiting old USAF friends and seeing as many National Parks as we could in a 6-week period. It was a fantastic summer of seeing the beauty of 35 states! Our travels were curtailed a bit for 2 decades while raising 3 kids but we did manage additional family trips to the East Coast or Florida. When the last child got out of college in 2008, we concentrated on seeing the final 15 states with the last 3 being Alaska, Hawaii and North Dakota (for some reason we missed that state on our cross country trip) completing all 50 states by our 40th wedding anniversary in 2015. Besides the beauty, travel gives you a wealth of knowledge and appreciation for all of humanity. We are all so alike but still somewhat different no matter if you live near or far. I hope to be able to continue to travel here and overseas for years to come! 

Contributor

All states, as well as Puerto Rico, Washington, DC, US Virgin Islands. Also, 29 countries. 

Social Butterfly

Iโ€™ve not been to any of the states but Iโ€™ve been to all of the Proviences!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have only been to 14 + Washington DC so I have lots of traveling to do, right!

Periodic Contributor

I completed my states over eight years ago, with my former job getting much credit for taking me to some less popular states.  My husband and I, and a friend, drove from Nashville to Wyoming and picked up the last states we needed for our states' map.  I am now set on bicycling in all 50 states, and lack about ten in that quest.  Too bad I didn't take my bicycle with me on my work trips!

Periodic Contributor

I have been to 29 states...I have lived in 5 of them...I have yet to visit the New England states and that is on my list for next trip...I am retired now and want to travel to as many of the remaining states that I have not been to...When I lived in Ohio I was situated better to visit them, however I was to young and and my family didn't travel much except in Ohio..Now that I am retired it makes it easy to accomplish..

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have only been to 20. I would like to see Oregon and Washington because of their gardens.

I especially loved visiting Ohio. The Topiary Park in Columbus, Ohio was amazing.

Contributor

We have been to 38 states. Most of them when we took a cross country trip. We are blessed with a beautiful country! We would love to visit Alaska!

Contributor

I've been to all but Oklahoma, and North Dakota, though as for Tx, I've only been in the airport (many times). Also, the time i've spent in Mississippi and Alabama have been brief. I'd love to take a long roadtrip and see these states and many that I love. I've lived in 6 states. 

Periodic Contributor

27 besides the one I live in and DC

Regular Contributor

I have been to all 50 states, and Washington D.C. The last state I got to was Alaska in 2003.  The least traveled in state for me was West Virginia; I was only in WV for two days in 1984.  My favorite state is my native state of California, where I live. The favorite state that I don't reside in is Virginia, for its' history.

Periodic Contributor

I've been to all 50 - taught for 34 years and was single for over half of them. Every summer, I'd jump in my car and knock a few more off my list. After visiting all 50, I began to travel abroad - so far to about 20 countires.

Periodic Contributor

I have been to all 50 states and Washington, D.C.  I have lived in 10 different states and have two children -- one born in California and the other in New Jersey.

On my bucket list is visiting the only two continents that I have not visited -- Australia and Antartica.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP