Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How many U.S. states have you been to?

Message 101 of 154

So far I’ve had the good fortune to visit 48 states with Alaska and North Dakota to be visited. Alaska in August then maybe North Dakota next year. I’ve also had the privilege of visiting 71 foreign countries, 6 continents, sailed on 3 oceans and numerous seas. Very very fortunate.  And nearly all of this with my dear wife of 39 years. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 154

I've been to 13 (NY, NJ, CT, RI, VA, FL, TX, CA, HI, TN, GA, ME and PA) as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 154

All 50 plus DC

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 154

I have been to all 50 states. Also some countries in Europe,  Asia, Canada and Mexico 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 154

13 and D.C. I guess that makes me the homebody of the group, so far. Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 154

I have been to 47 states.  All except Alaska and Hawaii which i can't wait to see.  I have not been to Kansas, just an hour outside but did not make it.  Someone from Kansas-TELL ME WHAT TO SEE!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 154
I’ve visited (spent time in) all 50 states, plus DC. I’ve also been to about 140 countries and still counting. Serious travel bug issues 😊
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 154

I have been to states that I attended science fiction or library conventions or was on the way to one. Born in Wisconsin, now live in Illinois, have traveled to Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticutt, Delaware, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Minnesota, Colorado, California. I was only in Hawaii for refueling on the way to Australia and Tahiti. I need to visit more of the western states which I would like to do by train.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 154

I have been to or at least through just about all of the United States except for Hawaii, Alaska, Vermont, Maine, Delaware, and New Hampshire.  Maybe one day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 154

I was a hard working farm gal but as the saying goes “you can’t keep them down on the farm forever!”. So in 1973 at age 19, I joined the USAF. It was the first time I was on a plane while flying to Lackland AB in San Antonio, TX. It wet my whistle to all things travel, as well as 2 years later for my husband, another USAF vet. We saw 15 states during our Air Force years and also lived in Germany for 2 years. After we were discharged in 1977 we went on a cross-crountry, budget tent trip visiting old USAF friends and seeing as many National Parks as we could in a 6-week period. It was a fantastic summer of seeing the beauty of 35 states! Our travels were curtailed a bit for 2 decades while raising 3 kids but we did manage additional family trips to the East Coast or Florida. When the last child got out of college in 2008, we concentrated on seeing the final 15 states with the last 3 being Alaska, Hawaii and North Dakota (for some reason we missed that state on our cross country trip) completing all 50 states by our 40th wedding anniversary in 2015. Besides the beauty, travel gives you a wealth of knowledge and appreciation for all of humanity. We are all so alike but still somewhat different no matter if you live near or far. I hope to be able to continue to travel here and overseas for years to come! 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors