Caring for a loved one? Find a part-time job that fits your schedule. Search the AARP Job Board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How many U.S. states have you been to?

Message 11 of 45

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 45

We have been to 38 states. Most of them when we took a cross country trip. We are blessed with a beautiful country! We would love to visit Alaska!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 45

I've been to all but Oklahoma, and North Dakota, though as for Tx, I've only been in the airport (many times). Also, the time i've spent in Mississippi and Alabama have been brief. I'd love to take a long roadtrip and see these states and many that I love. I've lived in 6 states. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 45

27 besides the one I live in and DC

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 45

I have been to all 50 states, and Washington D.C. The last state I got to was Alaska in 2003.  The least traveled in state for me was West Virginia; I was only in WV for two days in 1984.  My favorite state is my native state of California, where I live. The favorite state that I don't reside in is Virginia, for its' history.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 45

I've been to all 50 - taught for 34 years and was single for over half of them. Every summer, I'd jump in my car and knock a few more off my list. After visiting all 50, I began to travel abroad - so far to about 20 countires.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 45

I have been to all 50 states and Washington, D.C.  I have lived in 10 different states and have two children -- one born in California and the other in New Jersey.

On my bucket list is visiting the only two continents that I have not visited -- Australia and Antartica.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 45

My husband and I have been to 31 states together. We only count the states that we have actually vacationed in and not just passed through. We are soon to retire within two years and hope we can complete all 50 states. I myself have been to 36 states, but we are counting those we have done together. Our next destination will be Michigan.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 45

I recently read that the average American has visited 12 states, which puts me in a unique category of having spent time in 41 of them. I have yet to visit Washington state, the Dakotas, or the northeastern states. The good news is having experienced multiple coast to coast moves, I have become a well organized packer while continuing to downsize over the years. My kids will appreciate this one day when they discover that my life consists of a stack of journals, photos I have meticulously catalogued, and a couple of shoe boxes of mementos. Recently, I moved to South Lake Tahoe, CA from the east coast so another trip is not immediately in the cards. Should that day come, I would head directly to Maine, Rhode Island, and Vermont.  What I have learned throughout my travels is that you must talk to people in every state you visit to appreciate new surroundings, cultures, history, etc.  By discovering and accepting other people’s differences and similarities, you can learn so much more about yourself -- provided you make time to listen.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 45

My wife and I have been to all fifty states and most of them at least twice or more.

Kudos
Views