Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

How many U.S. states have you been to?

Which U.S. states have you visited? Which other ones do you still want to see?

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Bronze Conversationalist

Married to two military men -- no, not at the same time! LOL -- I have lived in 9 states plus 2 other countries:

1. Missouri
  2. Colorado
  3. Maryland
  4. Wyoming
  5. South Korea
  6. Florida
  7. West Germany
  8. Utah
  9. Louisiana
  10. California
  11. Washington

and had visited or at least driven through all the rest except Maine. Hoping to get there some day soon.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We were very fortunate to have the time and ability to visit all 50 states.  We drove thru most states in our motor home when I retired in 2004.  What a wonderful experience that was, we enjoyed most the one month we spent in June 2005 in Alaska.  We have stayed 3 winter months each year from 2006 to 2017 in Florida and then 3 weeks in Hawaii in 2017.  Its a wonderful country.  John & Marilyn Ralston, Totowa, NJ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VickiM68 an interesting old post 🙂 I have lived in California, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and now living in Virginia. Visited New York.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

I’ve been to 33 states, lived in 6 of them - Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

I’ve been to 9 countries, and lived in 2 - Canada, China, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Taiwan, and United States

I hope to be able to travel in the winter of 2021 back to Europe and more states in 2022. We shall see.

Contributor

50!  My goal was 50 by 50 and I went to my last two - Idaho and Oregon - for my 50th birthday! 

(a few years ago!) 

Contributor

I have been to 7

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been to 45 states

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

• 49 states. When I was in college, I set a goal to visit all 50 by the time I was 50. That didn't happen, I'm 64 and still have to visit my last state, Alaska
Contributor

All 50.  Checked off number 50, Oklahoma, about a decade ago upon landing in Tulsa for a week in Branson, MO.  There are still many places within the States that I'd love to see or return to visit again.  For example, this last fall I had my first opportunity for a folage sight-seeing week in New England.  Fabulous!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've been to 44 states, Montana, Idaho, Michigan, Wisconsin, Connecticut, and Massachusetts are the only ones that I have not been to.  I have also lived in 8 states.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

All of them except Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.  The United States is a very interesting place and all of our own historic sites should be visited by all of our citizens before they go hopping around the world to other countries.  I have run into people who have never been out of their native state!  Weird!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have been to 26 and have lived in 4 NY,CA,WI and NC

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’ve traveled and lived on different coasts and in N and S areas of the USA. I’ve traveled cross-country for decades now. Family and friends area on different coasts as well!

I looked through the map carefully and realized I’ve been to all except Hawaii. May just to drive through and spend time there!!

I will get to Hawaii one day! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

have enjoyed all of the beautiful 50, and Puerto Rico, at 88, I'm still ready to go!

Regular Contributor

I've been to 26 lived in 4 NY. WI. CA. and NC.haven't been to the north central or north west and  have not been to upper new england.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Strange I to have been to 26 states and lived in NY WI CA and NC where I still reside.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

That is wild I wonder what the odds of that are LOL

0 Kudos

I have been to 44 states and the territories of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. I’m crossing off New Jersey in May. Bucket list includes Alaska, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've been to every one except Hawaii.  We did many camping trips when we were younger and also business trips.  There are still some places I would like to see, and some I would like to visit again.  I don't think I'll ever make Hawaii.  I don't like to fly, never did.  When we were flying several times every summer, I would think I would have gotten used to it.  Unfortunately, I think I liked it less, the more we flew.  I always like rugged, outdoor areas and visiting National Parks; but as I get oldER, I think I prefer to visit cities.  My favorite big cities are San Antonio, San Francisco, and Chicago.  Seattle is nice, too, and we enjoyed Wilmington, NC.  I would like to go back to Victoria, BC, on Vancouver Island.  Beautiful!!!!!  I regret never going to Great Britain.  Should have.  

Contributor

Been to most all Midwest and west states, going to hit northeast soon. Only one after that is Hawaii 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

26 and counting. I  want to see Tenn next.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I was going to check all the boxes but I couldn’t find Rhode Island!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Been to 28 stares and 1 US territory: ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, DELAWARE, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, HAWAII, IDAHO, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MARYLAND, MISSISSIPPI, MISSOURI, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, NEW MEXICO, NEW YORK, NORTH CAROLINA, OHIO, OKALHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, SOUTH CAROLINA, TENNESSEE, TEXAS, VIRGINA, WASHINGTON, WEST VIRGINA AND THE ISLAND OF GUAM.

How many countries have you visited. I have been to 12: GERMANY, FINLAND, SWEDEN, DENMARK, ENGLAND, SPAIN, LUKENBERG, GREECE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND, TURKEY, UAE, and EGYPT.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I've been to all 50 states & several countries in Europe. Most of the provinces of Canada, too, except for the far northern ones. This year I will be in Denmark & Sweden.

Periodic Contributor

I've been to most of the Canadian Provinces, too.  Missed Newfoundland (the ferry was expensive and the weather was terrible).  Don't think I've been to Quebec and not the Northwest Territories or Nunavit, either.  We got the Yukon when we went to Alaska.  I don't think I'll make it to Europe but I'd like to go to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, too.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

We have been to all 50 states plus Washington, DC, Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islans.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

As a young child, my Dad was in the military so we moved here there and everywhere- so- Oregon, Washington State, California, Nevada, Georgia,Hawaii,Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Vermont,  North Carolina and South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I have been to all 50 states, including all the provinces in Canada. When we retired in 1999 we sold our house in Ohio and traveled for 10 years. It was really great to get to see all of America. We wrote what is today caled a blog to be able to remember our journey. Our website address is: www.rvtravelog.com.  Check out our adventures if you are interested. Now in our late 70's I'm not sure I could do it again, but I sure wouldn't take anything for what we've done in our past.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have visited or lived in 41 of the 50 states of the United States. With my wife and I now retired and living in Mexico, we concentrate more on visiting the states of Mexico rather than the United States. As of our vacation in February 2019, we have been to 25 of Mexico's 32 states.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP