From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you ever spotted a Muffler Men sculpture?

Message 1 of 7

Good one, @Epster!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@j530458f wrote:

DSC_0318.JPGMaster Muffler, Ogden, Utah

That reminds me: there's a Muffler Man in one of the mountain towns around Provo, UT. I'll have to snap a pic next time through. (Unless somebody wants to beat me to it, that is. Smiley Happy)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

A few days ago we were birding out on the northern Colorado plains (We spotted a Gyrfalcon! Woot!) and in our travels happened by this Muffler Man sculpture located at Hwy 85 and 5th St, which is at the very edge of the City of Greeley.

Greeley Muffler Man.jpgGreeley Colorado Muffler Man

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

DSC_0318.JPGMaster Muffler, Ogden, Utah

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Ha!  Look what I just found on roadsideamerica.com: a photo of the Longmont, CO Muffler Man!

And would you look at that? He's holding a pitchfork. So he's not a baseball playing cowboy as I had thought. Smiley Happy 

COLONmuffler_schulz.jpghttps://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/5905

Here now the photo I took of the Ute Highway/ Rt 66 Longmont, Colorado Muffler Man today (looks just like the one above Smiley Happy)

muffler manJPG.jpg

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

There's a Muffler Man Paul Bunyon and his blue ox, Babe, outside the Trees of Mystery at Klamath, California. I grew up there. This is a 'net image, though.

trees pb and babe.jpg

There's a baseball playing cowboy Muffler Man on a farm outside of Longmont, Colorado. It is a little worse for the wear, but I'll try to swing by there soon for a photo.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Have you ever spotted a Muffler Men sculpture?

Message 7 of 7

Among the roadside oddities you may spy on your next road trip are Muffler Men: larger-than-life molded fiberglass sculptures created in the 1960s and 1970s as ads for businesses such as restaurants and oil and tire companies. There were once thousands of these guys — fashioned as Paul Bunyan-like lumberjacks, cowboys, Indians, pirates but only around 200 still remain today (see a map of their locations at Roadside America).

When you spot one, take a picture, tell us where, and post it here!

1400-muffler-men-billboard-promo-halfwit.jpgPhoto Credit: Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season