Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Has anyone here vacationed in Greece?

Message 1 of 3

I just got back from a 2 week trip to Greece. It was fantastic. The people are so warm and kind. My wife and I spent most of our time visiting the Aegean Islands. The food is great and each restaurant we ate at, we were visited by either the owner or manager who spoke with us and we always got either a free dessert or a free drink of some kind(usually ouzo). We did spend 2 days in Athens to see the Acropolis and had no problem there also. I advise to check out the islands though. They are so picturesque and everything is so clean and tidy. Good luck!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Has anyone here vacationed in Greece?

Message 2 of 3
We vacationed with a tour group the year there was a bank bombing in Athens shortly before we arrived. We did not feel in danger & even rode the subway ourselves. The major tourist sights were safe as were the main tourist islands. I would suggest you go with a group or secure a guide so you know if there are any areas to avoid
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views
Replies

Has anyone here vacationed in Greece?

Message 3 of 3

I so want to go but due to the social unrest I shy away for now. 

Norma
Kudos
Views
Replies