Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Halloween Travel

Message 1 of 9

@yuffie2012 I love that idea! Their parents will enjoy those for years to come.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

We don't travel for Halloween, we decorate!  My 74 year old husband has the best yard around.  Our neighbors say it is a tradition so we have to do it.  Wish I could send you a picture.  Happy halloween🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

We just stay home and give out candy to the kids that come by.  If we weren’t home on Halloween, our windows would be soaped and our house would be egged!  Hopefully I buy more candy than kids that show up.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

We just returned from a 6,000 mile road trip, so we will not be traveling. My wife opens the garage door, and sets up a Halloween photo booth to take photos of the kids in their costumes. Then we email the photos to their parents.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

We don't travel for Halloween - we pass out candy to the kids coming by. Big traditiion  in our neighborhood.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Sitting in the dark in my bedroom watching Christmas movies.  I hate Halloween; have hated it ever since getting hit with an egg when I was 12.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Probably not much....we live in a rural area, and haven't had any Halloweeners since our Grandkids grew up....I buy the candy, and then I bake with it....all kinds of goodies.  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Might well "travel" to a neighboring city to visit two of the now eleven total grandkids I have...they'll most likely participate in some kind of trick-or-treat activitiy w/their mother.  The rest of the "grands" are elsewhere-as far-flung as Alaska (at 21 too old for trick-or-treat anyway!), North Carolina and Texas.  Sadly, I miss most of the holidays with those little people!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Halloween Travel

Message 9 of 9

Do you have plans for Halloween travel this year? If so, where are you going and what will you be doing?

Have you taken a special trip or visited a spooky place for Halloween in the past? If so, where did you go and what did you do? Have photos to share?

What future Halloween travel would you like to do?

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users