Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Expedia

Message 1 of 22

@LindaM54062 

Thank you for your post regarding your concerns and your experience with the AARP Travel Center powered by Expedia. We are very sorry to hear about this matter. Someone from the AARP Member Relations team will be reaching out to you directly via email to get more specific booking information from you in order to have this investigated further. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can assist you further.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

Would NEVER recommend using this to book any vacation....The representative entered the wrong name in for my son during the reservation process..I realized her error four minutes after she did it, and I have been on the phone for more than 12 hours during the past two days to get this situation resolved.  Expedia tried to convince me to cancel my reservations and rebook the trip, even though they said there were not any more flights like the ones I had chosen for the price I paid.  Not to mention that I didn't have an extra $6000 sitting around to be used for booking a trip that I already booked.  If I had cancelled, I would  have had to wait 3 days to get my money back in my account, even though it was deducted immediately when the trip was booked.  The error was their mistake to begin with, and then the incompetency contiued for 12 hours!!! Who has this kind of time to wait on the phone, and when my patience had disappeared and I started to raise my voice, I was told that they woudl hang up on me...can you even imagine????  SDo yourself a favor, adn say faar, far awy from AARP Travel, whihc is really Expedia....

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

@TorriL304697 

We are sorry to hear about the experience you have encountered with the AARP Travel Center. We will have someone reach out to you who can discuss your concerns in detail. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

@MarkW601076 

We are sorry to hear about the experience you have encountered with the AARP Travel Center. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact us directly at member@aarp.org with your name, AARP Member ID, contact number and address. Please be sure to provide us with the details from this post in your email. We will have someone reach out to you who can discuss your concerns in detail. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22
Exactly!! UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

This has been the worse experience of my entire life. 

AARP DOES NOT explain anything to you! I have lost money, time, have spent hours on the phone, with no results.  

Save your money. Go to a travel Agent or do it yourself. 

AARP ARE RUDE, unwilling to work with you and thank goodness I’m not 110 years old 

without my facilities otherwise I would be sooo  screwed.   As it is. ......I’m freakin madder than I’ve ever been and do not have time for this nonsense 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

I just called the AARP Travel Center to cancel a Holland-America cruise for August 2020 that I booked last month.  I was told my $350 deposit was non-refundable.  They didn't bother to mention this when I booked the cruise on the telephone with an agent.  I booked through AARP because it was slightly less expensive than booking directly through Holland-America, but if I booked through Holland-America the deposit would have been refundable.  I feel completely ripped off by Expedia since they didn't explain this "deposit" was, in fact, a non-refundable fee.  Shame on AARP as well.  

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 22

Hi @MatthewS751074, I'm checking on this for you and will let you know as soon as I find out anything.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

I also tried to use the AARP Expedia portal, prompted by a hotel coupon we received in the mail from AARP.

Unfortunately, I could find no way to use the discount code, nor could Expedia or AARP customer service help.

The coupon image is included.

Thank you.

AARP Expedia.jpg

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

@r323176m We're very sorry about your experience and just realized we may not have responded to your post from last month. I have sent your info to our Member Services department. They should be contacting you soon to assist you with your Expedia issue.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors