You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Expedia

Message 1 of 15

Hi @MatthewS751074, I'm checking on this for you and will let you know as soon as I find out anything.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

I also tried to use the AARP Expedia portal, prompted by a hotel coupon we received in the mail from AARP.

Unfortunately, I could find no way to use the discount code, nor could Expedia or AARP customer service help.

The coupon image is included.

Thank you.

AARP Expedia.jpg

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@r323176m We're very sorry about your experience and just realized we may not have responded to your post from last month. I have sent your info to our Member Services department. They should be contacting you soon to assist you with your Expedia issue.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@m574685m We're sorry to hear about your experience with Expedia. I've escalated your message to Member Services. Someone from that department should be contacting you shortly to assist.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

I tried to email AARP Expedia Travel Center to modify my reservation.I did not have phone in Canada. There is email option, but trying different browsers on Android no luck.

I disagree AARP must take ownership of these poor customer service problems.They are partner's. Good customer service fpr seniors starts with AARP in helping their members

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

I also found Expedia to be irresponsible to its customer base, instead taking the easy way out... blaming your booking channels, and finding ways to bury you in emails and "do not reply" emails with no tracking of the problem. AARP however failed to back me either. All I was left with was Wyndham Days Inn, who threw it back at me also saying I didnt book through them.  FIASCO...  NO SUPPORT, NO RESOLVE WHATSOEVER... Even after fire department chiefs sent me letters.

Oh well live and learn ... NEVER again Expedia/AARP travel, Days Inn, Or Wyndham.... I found some outlet in posting a review of the problem on Trip Advisor.... with 137 people reading it so far....

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33182-d82358-r586900610-Days_Inn_by_Wyndham_Torrance_Re...

@expedia.com  @wyndhamdaysinn

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

I couldn't agree more. I booked a round trip with them and had trouble with security on the return flight due to Expedia mispelling my name, a mistake they admitted to making. Delta charged me fifty dollars to correct the ticket. Expedia refused to refund the additional charge claiming they collect no money for the ticket, I would have to talk to Delta. Really, they don't charge for the ticket or services, what are they, a charity? Delta was no help, they refused to refund the charge since I had used a third party booking agent. I would also complain about Delta's service. A minor name change for fifty dollars? What about the delays due to mechanical problems with two different planes that forced me to stay overnight and cost me a days pay? Seems a goodwill gesture was in order but no, they refused. I will not ever use Expedia again and will do all I can to avoid using Delta as well. I am tired of the way the travel industry treats their customers. No wonder flight attendants and passengers are having so many fights these days. We are pissed and fed up before they have had a chance to great us.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Expedia CS is really bad! I will not use them again!

Message 8 of 15

I also do not blame AARP. This travel site has been invaluable in planning vacations   My beef is with Expedia and their horrible and incompetent customer service.

I would never use them again! I booked a RT airfare from Boston to St. Thomas on 2 airlines, Jet Blue departing and American Returning. Boston had a snowstorm the day before our departure, but by the time of our departure 11:30 PM the following day, the roads had been cleared, the snow had stopped and the flight was listed as leaving on time throughout the entire day, at arrival at the airport at 9:M and up until the time of boarding.  At 11PM we were told that the flight would be delayed due to crew being held up.  By 1AM we were told that the flight was cancelled, for the first time, due to weather.  We waited in line for another 2 hours to be told there were no flights available for at least 2 weeks (after my return flight), and we spent the remainder of the night at the airport trying to make other arrangements, unsuccessfully.  Expedia was of no assistance that night as computer servers were overwhelmed. Jet Blue told us that we could easily get a refund on line, but we found that was not true.  We spent the remainder of the weekend mostly on hold with Expedia, and we were repeatedly assured that Expedia would arrange for a refund of all monies from Jet Blue AND would notify American that the departing flight had to be cancelled due to weather so that American would give me a refund without penalty. I made several calls to Expedia and on each call, was assured that Expedia had contacted American and that a refund was pending.  When American said that they had gotten no word from Expedia, I called several times more (each with a very long wait to get connected) and was told the same thing. When I told them American had not been notified, they registered surprise, stated that the bad weather had slowed the process down and told me that notification would be expedited.  They told me that it was ok to reschedule the travel insurance I had purchased for the aborted trip as I would not need to submit for coverage, since the refund would be forthcoming. As a result of this instruction, I contacted the travel insurance company, told them I would not be submitting a claim and they rescheduled coverage to a trip I had rescheduled for 3 weeks later. One month later, American still had not heard anything and charged me a change fee AND a penalty for having arranged the ticket through an “outside agency”, so that I had only a $3 balance.  I contacted Expedia once more and for the first time, was told that they had NOT notified American and that a refund would not be given.  Once I reviewed what I had been told previously, the CS agent assured me that all telephone calls were recorded and that if indeed, I had been given the instructions above, they would arrange for a refund. 2 weeks later I received an email that they were not in the wrong and would not refund the money. I know that the recordings bore out what I had been repeatedly been told. The amount of time I wasted in dealing with CS and the number of times I was assured BY Expedia that this would be taken care of, so that I gave up my ability to use the travel insurance I had purchased to cover this, is absolutely intolerable.  The ticket itself was not a large amount of money, but the time spent and the fact that I had had coverage which Expedia encouraged that I could release is maddening.  I am taking them to small claims court and will vehemently advise anybody that will listen, that this is NOT a service that can be trusted.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

Let me clear, I do not blame AARP for my problem. I post this as a warning only. Expedia does not stand behind their service. The only thing they offer is a coupon for future travel (does not include airfare). Expedia admits a website problem caused the name on my ticket to be incorrect. TSA sent me back to Delta to have it corrected. Delta charged $50.00 to reprint he ticket. Even though Expedia admitted it was their mistake they would not take any steps to correct the problem. They say since my credit card was billed by the airlines they had no money to offer a refund. Naturally the insurance to cover flight problems I paid extra for didn't cover this. Not impressed with Expedia or Delta (really, $50.00 to reprint a ticket? )

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

I'm not a big Expedia fan. they have gotten better since you don't have to prepay for hotels as before.  I usually use them to check prices and then book directly with the vendor if possible.  I like travelocity for flights.  I booked a big trip to Europe and booked all my hotels through booking.com. I use cheapcruises.com if prices are lower than the cruise sites.  I just love to shop for travel.  So any new ones, I will look at.

Kudos
Views