Expedia is Cheaper for flights alone than AARP travel center through Expedia

Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Expedia is Cheaper for flights alone than AARP travel center through Expedia

Message 1 of 1

I just did a search on line through AARP travel at Expedia for a friend who lives in Guatelmala.  Then, I realized since he is not an AARP member, he would not be able to book through that website.    I went to regular Expedia and found the same round trip flights (with the same restrictions, same cancellation policies, etc.) are about $150.00 cheaper for every flight listed (for instance $344 instead of $480).  I though AARP travel through Expedia was providing me with a discount on flights because of the "best price guarantee."  In reading the terms, the guarantee is for either a hotel alone or hotel + flight, but not for a flight alone. Probably this is how Expedia makes up the money it discounts when you are under the guarantee, by charging dramatically more for a flight alone to the unsuspecting. Moral of the story, always check other travel sights before assuming AARP travel center is giving you the best discount . 

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo