Contributor

Expedia Take 2

@VickiM68 this is a follow up to the now closed thread about Expedia:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Destinations/Expedia/m-p/2143286

Regarding your reply to my query on 11-28-19:

"‎11-28-2018 12:32 PM
Hi @MatthewS751074, I'm checking on this for you and will let you know as soon as I find out anything."

1. I never heard anything back from you so I just left the reservation incomplete, OR SO I THOUGHT!

2. I just got charged 2 full nights for a reservation I thought I never completed, and for which I never received a confirmation email. Somehow it was created on my account as Itenerary @#7394553510687. I have unsuccessfully tried to resolve this with AARP-Expedia support and still have a charge of $246.70 on my credit card.

Hopefully you or someone else at AARP will get this corrected for me ASAP.

Thank you,

Matt Simmons

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@MatthewS751074 

I forwarded the below information to the AARP Member Relations team to investigate. They will have someone reach out to you regarding your concern.

0 Kudos
Contributor

AARP needs to handle this group. I made a corporate reservation for a flight in May and as part of my payment purchased travel insurance. Due to a death in the family I needed to cancel the trip. AARP Expedia said when I cancelled the insurance wasn't any good but would get a credit from the airline (Delta) and would need to pay $200 when I rescheduled using this credit. I was also told to send in the claim to the insurance company paid for through AARP. Went through the insurance process never received a response. In the interim, my accounts payable manager at corporate said Expedia had compromised the corporate card and hence it was been cancelled and replaced. 

So on October 4 called AARP expedia to use the Delta credit for a personal wedding flight. I worked on it from 9:00 am until 1:45 pm with AARP Expedia. The attendant couldn't find the flights, didn't know how to handle, and this was all while I was work. Finally, she said she could book the flights I needed and charged my AARP credit card the $68.81 remaining monies. I went to the Delta flight sight that day printed out my confirmation from Delta and assigned my seats.

Then on 10/16/19 at 4:23 a.m. I received an email at on my personal email all six Delta flights were cancelled. At 9:47 I called AARP, went through the auto system with confirmation number but then when the agent got on said I needed to call back in an hour. At 11:04 a.m. I called back, the agent said the system was still down and to call back in an hour. I called at 1:09 pm and between 1:09 pm and 4:06 was on with AARP Expedia who during that time forwarded me to Brandon up a que. Brandon said the sanfu was on their part but the price of the ticket had gone up $100 since I purchased on 10/4. I said it wasn't my fault but theirs and so he said he would, if I could give him my credit card number over the phone, charge the $168.81 on my card and then refund the $100 back. He said the $100 had to charged back to my corporate card. I told him the corporate card was no longer in existence plus this was a personal flight. So if I gave him my personal card number I expected the $100 back on the personal card. While we were speaking I had my AARP credit card up to see what was going on. He charged my personal AARP card the $168.81. He then said he would and had processed the $100 refund to this card and it would show up in the next few days. I need to add I took off time to make the 10/4/19 reservation (4 hours) and all day yesterday (9-4 or 5 hours) to handle all this loosing $55 per hour or at a cost to me $495.

So you can imagine my concern when I received at my work email stating a refund of $100 had been sent to the compromised card. I left work at 11:17 a.m. today and called Expedia. I told the agent about my conversation with Brandon of yesterday. They disconnected me. Then called back at 11:52 a.m. The agent then sent me to Bree at 12:38 (all that time on hold) that said there was nothing she could do but I needed to call the corporate bank (in Canada) and state the account was closed on their letterhead and send to them. 

I will be cancelling my AARP membership.

Susan steele

0 Kudos
Contributor

AARP needs to handle this group. I made a corporate reservation for a flight in May and as part of my payment purchased travel insurance. Due to a death in the family I needed to cancel the trip. AARP Expedia said when I cancelled the insurance wasn't any good but would get a credit from the airline (Delta) and would need to pay $200 when I rescheduled using this credit. I was also told to send in the claim to the insurance company paid for through AARP. Went through the insurance process never received a response. In the interim, my accounts payable manager at corporate said Expedia had compromised the corporate card and hence it was been cancelled and replaced. 

So on October 4 called AARP expedia to use the Delta credit for a personal wedding flight. I worked on it from 9:00 am until 1:45 pm with AARP Expedia. The attendant couldn't find the flights, didn't know how to handle, and this was all while I was work. Finally, she said she could book the flights I needed and charged my AARP credit card the $68.81 remaining monies. I went to the Delta flight sight that day printed out my confirmation from Delta and assigned my seats.

Then on 10/16/19 at 4:23 a.m. I received an email at on my personal email all six Delta flights were cancelled. At 9:47 I called AARP, went through the auto system with confirmation number but then when the agent got on said I needed to call back in an hour. At 11:04 a.m. I called back, the agent said the system was still down and to call back in an hour. I called at 1:09 pm and between 1:09 pm and 4:06 was on with AARP Expedia who during that time forwarded me to Brandon up a que. Brandon said the sanfu was on their part but the price of the ticket had gone up $100 since I purchased on 10/4. I said it wasn't my fault but theirs and so he said he would, if I could give him my credit card number over the phone, charge the $168.81 on my card and then refund the $100 back. He said the $100 had to charged back to my corporate card. I told him the corporate card was no longer in existence plus this was a personal flight. So if I gave him my personal card number I expected the $100 back on the personal card. While we were speaking I had my AARP credit card up to see what was going on. He charged my personal AARP card the $168.81. He then said he would and had processed the $100 refund to this card and it would show up in the next few days. I need to add I took off time to make the 10/4/19 reservation (4 hours) and all day yesterday (9-4 or 5 hours) to handle all this loosing $55 per hour or at a cost to me $495.

So you can imagine my concern when I received at my work email stating a refund of $100 had been sent to the compromised card. I left work at 11:17 a.m. today and called Expedia. I told the agent about my conversation with Brandon of yesterday. They disconnected me. Then called back at 11:52 a.m. The agent then sent me to Bree at 12:38 (all that time on hold) that said there was nothing she could do but I needed to call the corporate bank (in Canada) and state the account was closed on their letterhead and send to them. 

I will be cancelling my AARP membership.

Susan steele

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos