You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Use code VET to save 25 percent now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Ever visited one of the presidential libraries?

Message 1 of 44

I have been to the Lyndon Johnson, Truman, Lincoln, Kennedy and FDR museums. My husband and my favorite is the FDR.  He was an exceptional president at a critical time in our county's history who had an amazing women in Elenor at his side. The estate is well preserved and so interesting. 

There us a lot to do and see in the Hyde Park area. Make sure you plan to have lunch or dinner at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) when you are in the area. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 44

We have visited eleven presidential libraries and museums.  Last two in May 2106 were Lincoln and LBJ.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 44

Yes. I have visited the Reagan Library. Plan on visiting the Nixon Library soon.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 44

I agreed.I didn't like President Nixon that much because he bombed Cambodia and left Cambodia without help when Kmer rouge killed cambodian people for almost 2millions and he did nothing to stopped that genoc.he or President Ford should bombe Kmer rouge in 1975-1976 so that Cambodian people can escape to neigboring country such as Thailand.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 44

Good idea.  It doesn't matter whether you liked the guy politically or not.  It's educational.

Bruce D.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 44

I had not considered visiting any of the libraries until reading this article.  I am now interested.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 44

It's not just libraries. I visited presidential homes/birthplaces of Teddy Roosevelt (NY), John Kennedy (MA), Grover Cleveland (NJ) and Abe Lincoln (IL) and the post-presidential home of Woodrow Wilson (DC). History is a fascinating thing!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 44

We live close to the Herbert Hoover library.  This summer, we were out East and visited the George W. Bush, Franklin Roosevelt and Kennedy libraries.  After receiving the presidential library passport, we set out on a mission to do all the libraries, beginning with Hoover's.  We have a good start and expect to visit those in Kansas, Missouri and California this winter.  With the pre-paid pass we expect to complete them all this year.  Each library has been a unique experience, educational and gave us an appreciation for the challenges each president faced.  It also helped us to remember the challenges of the past and gave us hope for the future.  Joe & Sandy Ellis, Iowa  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 44

We have visited eleven Presidential Libraries.  Our bucket-list contains as many as possible with the exception of George W.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 44

I have been to the Eisenhower library and childhood home when I lived in Kansas.  Reall enjoyed it.

Kudos
Views