From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Ever taken a mother-daughter vacation?

Message 11 of 29

Took my two daughters to the Czech Repulic for ten days, to see where their Grandmother was born,  Had a wonderful tour guide that drove the entire area.  It was amazing, let us eat a the local restaurants of the hotels. Went to a spa, very interesting.  When we got home my one daughter made us a memory book of all the lovely pictures she took as a Christmas present.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 29

No, I never did because I am neither!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 29

Yes, we have taken quite a few vacays together! Disney especially. Tapron Springs FL, Universal, Georgia, Biltmore...

We also like to cruise  together.Unfortunately we haven't taken any this year due to illness in the  family. We really enjoy traveling together and it also gives us new respect and love for each other and  realize how  short life is, so enjoy now!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 29

YES! After recovering from cancer treatment, my Mom got down to Disneyworld (#1 on her bucket list) with my younger sister and me. We had a BLAST! No need for kids as an excuse to go - WE were the kids. She got down there 3 more times (with all 4 of her grandkids, 3 of whom were not born when she was first diagnosed) and I was with her each time, along with many other family members.

Also got to take a memorable trip from Seattle down to Mt. Hebo AFS on the Oregon coast (ex-station - I had been stationed there almost 20 years before and had helped close the station). We drove, stopping along the way to see anything we chose, including the Mt. St. Helens volcano area. It had erupted when I was stationed in Mt. Hebo. I recommend the area. Terrible devastation, but beautiful recovery - amazing view of the catastrophic event and recovery.

Finally, not just mother/daughter, as my Dad came along - Mom and I had long wanted to take the train trip across Canada, from Vancouver to Banff. It's a daytime-only trip (hotels each night along the way), strictly for sightseeing. Gorgeous! We finally got to go, Dad and my older sister joining us.

Mom was always such fun. Best traveling companion ever! Kept her childlike awe and wonder until the day she died. A great role model.

Please DO make time for mother/daughter trips - a rich and fun thing to do. You get to know your mother (or daughter!) so much better, as friends, not just parent/child.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 29

Yes, my daughter and I took the California Zephyr from Chicago to San Fransisco, it was so much fun! Got to see my aunt and uncle and my daughter was able to meet my cousins and their families.  She had her list of what she wanted to see and I had mine and we were able to get to all things on both of our lists.  The wine tour on her list ended up being one of my favorite things that we did.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 29

When I was around 9 years old I went with my mom  to Maryland to visit my aunt and uncle. It was a fun trip on the 5 star bus which served light lunch. I have to do this with my daughter once she graduates from Grad school to begin new memories. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 29

My three daughters and I rented a motorhome and had it parked for the four day Stagecoach 2012 Country Fest.  It was one of the most memorable weekends of my life.  Sharing country music, drinks, and food with three of my favorite people made lasting memories for all of us.

This October we are traveling to San Antonio for round two!  Can't wait.  We have decided that four years is just too long and are planning another mother-daughters trip for 2018!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 29

Yes, more than one. On the train to Ohio to visit relatives. For her graduation we went to Disney World for ten days.  Hershey Park, Gettysburg and Lancaster. Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio.  And last year Oglebay in West Virginia for Christmas.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 29

My Mom and I have taken several trips together.  Once we took the train across Canada together.  Twice we went on a long road trip to visit old friends and family, which turned out to be great because several of the folks we visited are no longer with us.  She and I were both really glad to get to see them one more time.  Now that Mom is not able to travel much, I really treasure those memories.  I think she does too.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 29

In 1973, when I returned home from a month's trip overseas; and started a new job, in December of that year I earned 6 months on the job, I earned a week's vacation. My father (may he rest in peace) had surgery and so my mother and I decided to go down to Orlando, FL and we stayed in a nice hotel in Kissimee, FL. We had a great time of mother-daughter togetherness.

Reason we left my father and brothers because he was talking too much about his surgery and was upsetting to us both and we all decided that it was ok for my mother and I to get some mother-daughter time together. We all took care of my father before and after we came home. My mother and I even called home a few times to make sure all was well.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season