Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Info Seeker

Re: Ever taken a mother-daughter vacation?

Message 21 of 28

While my mother was in her 80's and early 90's, we flew from Florida to NYC every year around my birthday in May.  We saw many Broadway shows in the span of 5-6 days, visited with family in the NY area, and had a lot of laughs.  Now that she is gone, I have the greatest of memories.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 28
I wanted to, and almost did. My step daughter wasn't getting along with her mother and I, her step father, wanted to take her away and help her with the situation. It just wasn't going to be, but I was able to help her when her mother got mad and went out to the car to wait for us. We had a great conversation, in private in the restaurant, and she was able to see much more clearly. It was great.
Info Seeker

Message 23 of 28

Yes!  Last July I went to Africa to visit my daughter Erin, who was in the Peace Corps.  We met at Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, and it was SO beautiful!  It is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, and we could see why! Lush greenery, and many beautiful waterfalls. She wanted someone here in the states to know how she lived there for two years, and I got to be the one!  We took a bus to Mozambique, where her village was, and I met her African family, and saw where she taught (in Portuguese!) English and Science. We walked everywhere, since she was not allowed to drive, and we even stayed in two different, low cost hostels that were set up bunk bed style, with both men and women in the same room (!) I came away with such an appreciation for what we take for granted here in the US. (clean water, plentiful food)  AND an appreciation for the awesome, independent young lady my daughter had become! We will travel together again, but for now she is going to graduate school in Minnesota!  Life is good!

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 28

Several years ago I went on vacation with my oldest daughter. We went to Dominican Republic during Mother's Day. We stayed at an all inclusive resort and had a wonderful time. A few years later, I wanted to take my younger daughter somewhere, as well. She picked SanFrancisco. We also had a great time. I have the most wonderful daughters in the world!

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 28

Several years ago I went on vacation with my oldest daughter. We went to Dominican Republic during Mother's Day. We stayed at an all inclusive resort and had a wonderful time. A few years later, I wanted to take my younger daughter somewhere, as well. She picked SanFrancisco. We also had a great time. I have the most wonderful daughters in the world!

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 28

We just returned from a 4 day get away.  While there are occasional conflicts, the joys of being together, doing something we both love, out weigh any disagreements. 

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 28

Yes this summer my daughter& grandaughter took me to my home own Corpus Christi we all had a ball🎉

It was one of my retirement gifts a memorable and wonderful trip with my family😎🚗

Ms.deb
Highlighted
Community Manager

Ever taken a mother-daughter vacation?

Message 28 of 28

Have you ever taken a mother-daugter getaway? We'd love to hear from you! Check out our suggestions then be sure to share your own adventures by replying to this post.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.