Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 111 of 120

I’m a buckaroo with a long bucket list of things I hope to do and places I hope to see before I run out of time.  Mostly it’s just a humble list where most of my bucket ideas won’t cost me much to see them fulfilled. Bucket ideas that I’ve been telling myself for 40 working years, I can’t wait until I retire and have the free time I need to take on the list.  It’s go time.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 112 of 120

My bucket list is to visit every state in the continental US. I spent over 23yrs in the Navy & have been all over the pacific, far east, Indian ocean, Alaska, Antarctica, and both ends of the Mississippi. I've been across the US numerous times but lack seeing the east coast and upper northwest.

Info Seeker

Message 113 of 120

I want to travel to Norway to visit the homeland of my anscestors, and to Alaska just for the scenery.  I was able to travel to Germany and Portugal, which were not on my list but I added them to my bucket as bonuses, in addition to St. John, Boston, and Nashville.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 114 of 120

I have met some of the nicest people while traveling, especially when I have traveled alone. What is it that concerns you?

Info Seeker

Message 115 of 120
I want to travel to some of the same places but going by myself has me hesitating. I'm not afraid just some mean people out there, lol.
Info Seeker

Message 116 of 120

New Zealand, Switzerland, Scotland, Germany, Hawaii, Ireland, Spain, Caribbean, some of South America, Northeast US, Western Canada

Info Seeker

Message 117 of 120

India, London, Paris, Rome, Belgium, Scotland, Greece, Dubai, Japan.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 118 of 120

The short version: Alaska, Northern Europe, Japan, Thailand, Austalia/New Zealand.....

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 119 of 120

I do.

Scotland. Orkney. Peru. Spain. Canada. Newfoundland. Alaska. Australia. Every corner of the Continental US, special focus on those with great rails to trails systems and the west.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Community Manager

Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 120 of 120

Travel is the top aspirational activity for people 50-plus according to research conducted by AARP and according to analysis of U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data. The new AARP Travel Bucket List survey found that 37% of Boomers have a travel bucket list. Of the 8 destinations on their travel bucket lists, half are domestic including Hawaii, Alaska, California, and Arizona.

What's on your travel bucket list?

Can't decide? Check out aarp.org/travelbucketlist for our U.S. Bucket List Places!