There's always more to discover with your AARP membership. Explore your member benefits today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 111 of 121

@ReTiReD51 Here's hoping you get to see and do every single one!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 121

I’m a buckaroo with a long bucket list of things I hope to do and places I hope to see before I run out of time.  Mostly it’s just a humble list where most of my bucket ideas won’t cost me much to see them fulfilled. Bucket ideas that I’ve been telling myself for 40 working years, I can’t wait until I retire and have the free time I need to take on the list.  It’s go time.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 121

My bucket list is to visit every state in the continental US. I spent over 23yrs in the Navy & have been all over the pacific, far east, Indian ocean, Alaska, Antarctica, and both ends of the Mississippi. I've been across the US numerous times but lack seeing the east coast and upper northwest.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 121

I want to travel to Norway to visit the homeland of my anscestors, and to Alaska just for the scenery.  I was able to travel to Germany and Portugal, which were not on my list but I added them to my bucket as bonuses, in addition to St. John, Boston, and Nashville.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 121

I have met some of the nicest people while traveling, especially when I have traveled alone. What is it that concerns you?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 121
I want to travel to some of the same places but going by myself has me hesitating. I'm not afraid just some mean people out there, lol.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 121

New Zealand, Switzerland, Scotland, Germany, Hawaii, Ireland, Spain, Caribbean, some of South America, Northeast US, Western Canada

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 121

India, London, Paris, Rome, Belgium, Scotland, Greece, Dubai, Japan.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 121

The short version: Alaska, Northern Europe, Japan, Thailand, Austalia/New Zealand.....

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 121

I do.

Scotland. Orkney. Peru. Spain. Canada. Newfoundland. Alaska. Australia. Every corner of the Continental US, special focus on those with great rails to trails systems and the west.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views