With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 441 of 6,080

I have seen every state in the United States except Hawaii. I'd love to go and take my best girlfriend.

we would love to do a party on the beach and swim with the dolphins. It's my dream of all dreams.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 442 of 6,080

I would take my daughter and 2 daughter-in-laws for a weekend at Canyon Ranch.  We would definitely get massages and take a hike. I look forward to bonding with "my girls".

@AARPLynne wrote:

Tell us all about your dream getaway with your gal pals and you could win $5,000. To enter for a chance to win the grand prize, your story must include:

1. Where would you go?
2. Who would you go with and why?
3. How long would you stay?

4. What two activities would you do?

A panel of AARP Travel Experts will pick their favorite entry and that lucky winner will receive $5,000 towards the Ultimate Girlfriends’ Getaway!

Don’t have all the answers? Find inspiration by exploring the AARP Trip Finder and Destination Guides and you may be one step closer to taking your ultimate girlfriends’ getaway!

Enter today, contest ends November 19, 2015. See Official Rules and Terms of Service

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 443 of 6,080

I recently lost my husband unexpectedly.  We had a wonderful 15 years, the second go-round.  Our first time was one of despair and alcohol addition.  Luckily my husband decided that family was more important than the bottle and we re-kindled our relationship with a passion unmatched by any.  Our kids use to tease us about how much in love we were. My two girlfriends, Angie and Vickie have been by my side for a long time and my husband knew they were very special to me.  When he passed away, they were the first I called to pray for our family.  They stood beside me and our family throughout it all and have continued to keep my under their wings.  It would be an honor to take them on a trip with me to share some fun times.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 444 of 6,080

We would travel to Hawaii. The group would be my three sisters and myself. I lived in Hawaii for four years with my husband and 2 children ( our son was born in Hawaii). We are all senior citizen so it is hard for us financially to travel to Hawaii. I would like to take them to all the islands and revisit the places again where my late husband and I traveled.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 445 of 6,080

I would love to be able to take my "best buds" , Mary Ann , Kim , Deanna and Barbara any place !

I have MS and my dear friends have to transport me anywhere I go . They are wonderful 'cause I can be a lot of trouble . I would cherish the opportunity to provide a "get-away" that might reward their kindnesses . We could have a good time most anywhere but I would really like for them to be pampered and taken care of in a special way. Cruise ? Spa week -end?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 446 of 6,080

My two best girlfriends are my sisters. We've weathered the storms of life together, the loss of both our parents, struggles with our marriages, children, and grandchildren. We've had our rough moments, but we make it a priority to forgive and continue to cherish each other. We're sisters after all.

For about 10 years now, we have tried to go away, at least once a year, for a long weekend together, usually to the Oregon coast. I have been fortunate to travel the world through the years, but my sisters have not. I would LOVE to take them someplace they've never been. A Broadway show in New York City, or a relaxing spa in sunny Arizona, my ultimate sister destination is Italy. We are truly the best of friends and I can't think of anything more fun than a destination vacation for the three of us!

Vicki Starr

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 447 of 6,080

I would go to Napa/Sonoma for a week of wine tasting with my 2 best friends from Wisconsin who I seldom see any more since I moved to beautiful Arizona 2 years ago, and also my sister who is currently in Virginia and whom I miss dearly. When I lived in Wisconsin, my friends and I used to meet for a happy hour once a week at a different place- we had so much fun, laughing and sharing ideas- oftentimes, new people would join us, a great opportunity for networking! The 2 things I would love to do during my week would be to indulge in the Calistoga Hot Springs, and attend a class at the Culinary Institute at Greystone in Napa Valley- as well as visiting the many beautiful wineries in that area, of course.Please choose me, as I can't imagine a better combination than good friends, family and wine!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 448 of 6,080

Good morning!

I would like very much to go to Canada, to see Quebec, Montreal, perhaps travel across by train.  I would love to take along my friend, Allison, who has travelled there previously.  She is fluent in French, and is already a world-traveller, but I have not been there as yet!  To get to see the oldest city in North America is one of my greatest dreams!  I am currently in Arlington, between Fort Worth, and Dallas, Texas.  A week's stay in Canada would probaby be long enough to see and experience many of the grand sights...architecture, the countryside, its people, the food and culture.  Recently retired, I had nutured the possibility of travel some time next year.  If this were possible through AARP, I would be thrilled!

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely

,Jill Strehl

(817) 501-9605

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 449 of 6,080

I would take my best friend, Cary P, and both my adult daughters, Jessa & Jeanette, to the Grand Canyon.  We'd start in Williams, Arizona and take the "famous" train ride complete with old west hold-up.  Then spend the day enjoying the amazing vistas.  We'd spend the night at the El Tovar Hotel, and then the next day take the donkey ride down into the canyon, enjoying lunch when we got to the bottom.  We'd then stay overnight at the Phantom Ranch.  We'd come back up later that afternoon and then travel to the Western Rim where we'd walk out over the Canyon on the plexiglass.  The adventure vacation of my dreams!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 450 of 6,080
Would like Hawaii, for a two week stay, sightseeing the island and memorial to the fallen service members. My BBF's
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users