Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 61 of 6,080

Roses are red, violets are blue
To Paris we go...to see the view!
My three daughters I would take
For the best girlfriends they make.

My youngest has been very sick
Let’s show her the world, right quick!
We both dream of seeing the City of Lights.
Especially now… let’s show them no fright.
A magical week we would spend,
Eating great food… cruising the Seine.
We would visit the Louvre & the Eiffel tower.
We would be so filled with joy & love’s power.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 6,080

1. Where would you go?

Ans I love to go to India
2. Who would you go with and why?

With my family to see my parent
3. How long would you stay?

2 weeks

4. What two activities would you do?

Sightseeing and visiting temples

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 6,080

Even though I do not have the best foreign language skills, I am interested and excited about a trip to Europe with my three best girlfriends – Anita, Devena and Kim.  The four of us love meeting new people, visiting historical sites, enjoying music, arts and literature and trying new things (i.e., foods, modes of travel, activities).  Plus, we are not only great girlfriends, but relatives!  Anita and Kim have remarkable language skills and have traveled in Europe.  Kim has razor pointed skills at reading maps and determining historical sites and activities that we will all enjoy.  Devena is queen of finding great food.  Anita can spot great places for us to shop and she has a degree in finding the best deals.   I am the adventurer and the one who will be funding the trip thanks to this essay.

It’s funny now, but in my high school years, I dreamed of being an exchange student.  However, at the time, family finances and my stomach (i.e., picky eater) kept me from living that dream.  Yet, I explored the world and gain international friends by becoming long termed pen pal friends to a girl in each Germany, France, Japan and the Philippines.

I have always imagined myself walking around France and visiting the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and of course, Notre Dame de Paris.  With the recent events, I know Anita (who was born in Paris), along with Devena, Kim and I would jump at the chance to spend 14 days in Europe beginning with several days in Paris.  My father spent time in the Paris area and I would love to trace some of his travels.  Using faded letters and postcards, we will try to see some of the sights that my Dad and Mom always described to us.  Enjoying casual strolls through the streets, we would visit the museums, enjoy the cafes and embark on antique shopping. 

I think one of the most moving stories we all read growing up was Anne Frank’s Diary.  In addition to time spent in Paris, we would all like to visit Anne Frank’s hideway house in The Netherlands.  We have all visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC and were moved to continue to be beacons for civil rights and justice.  To actually see where Anne and her family spent hidden from the Nazis would be awe inspiring and of course, it is something we would be able to share with others when we talk about justice, equality and the power of the pen.

A two week trip to Europe would be so much fun for us.  We all grew up in a historic town which was only one hour from our National’s capital.  As such, we enjoy visiting museums and discussing what history has tried so hard to teach us.  In our golden years, we are still interested in history and would love to bond together on a trip to Europe to soak in the history, the culture and the vibrancy of the people.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 6,080

well me and latanya and clenthia would go too las vegas and have fun like they say what go on in vegas stays in vegas lol we would love it

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 6,080

I was fortunate enough to live for nearly 60 years in the same southern Ca. beach town before moving to the NW a decade ago.  I dearly miss my long-time friends ~ many of them ranging from our days together meeting in 1st grade at a small private grammar school. For nearly 65 years, we've managed to keep our deep friendships. Emails and phone calls have turned out to be a poor substitute for those heartfelt face-to-face conversation late at night when only a person who knows you so well will do. We'd all love re-connecting in such a rare and precious way!  I feel that each of these special women in my life would benefit as much as I from a 3-4 day tri together.  Unbelievable this day & age, but every one of them (but me!) still lives in this hometown. Since many of us have lost a great deal of our savings for retirement ~ I'd like to keep it as cost-free as possible.  So I suggest a short (3-4 day) but invaluable cruise between San Diego (or maybe Long Beach?) and the Mexican coastal towns. My list is precious but long ~ Sally Orlando, Susie Denno, Patti Francis, Paulette Kelly, Alda Jorgenson, JoAnn Gates, Ann Corwin, Cathy Mock, and Vivian Clibon.  What would we do??  Why what do woman do best?  TALK of course ~ catch up with each other's lives as we haven't been able to do - before it's too late. I always played the role of planner & organized our get togethers.  Sadly since I've left, this seems to have fallen by the wayside. I know we'd all enjoy the other activities that cruising provides ~ but mostly just being together again & getting away from our busy everyday lives.  We'd definitely relish the luxury of just doing exactly whatever we wish whenever we wish (at least for a few days!).  If AARP and this getaway contest sponsors could provide this to ten 70+ or - year old gal pals, you'd truly have our sincere and heartfelt appreciation.   Sincerely, Kathleen Rowe

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 6,080

Start with a spa day for me & my friends. Then off to New Zealand flying first class. Spend one week (or more) per island. Take another two weeks in Australia. It will be a combiantion of comfortable accomodations, local guides, eating local foods, taking in natural wonders, seeing culturally significant performances, local sports (rugby for sure), meeting with local healers.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 6,080

I would go to Puerto Rico's national rain forest. The beautiful sites and sounds of the exotic birds and wonderful water falls alone with it's refreshing natural pools of rain water, would rejuvenate the adventurous youthful spirit in all of us. I would be acompanied by my older and younger sisters who have such a hectic life style, that the event would most likly have a wonderful spiritual awakening in them comming close to natures garden of eden that the national park offers. In just two weeks of exploring it's trails and vigorating cold natural waters, the sounds and feeling of freedom that comes from walking, breathing the full none poluted air. Your six senses come in tone with all the beauty that our Creator has to offer in the surrounding atmosphere shared in the company of loved ones. The calling of the coqui, Puerto Rico's native son of the wild, with it's hypnotic trance like song of passion and the native humming birds and bees bring back that lost wanting of just being held and loved. The coconuts, mangos, bananas and other life giving friuts that transform you into the wild child you really are inside. The island as a paradise has much more to offer the explorer and lover in you. So come and feel the flower blosoming in you as you taste the necture of youth florishing, in the experience of a life time that comes from sharing natures call with friends and loved ones.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 6,080

I would go to Athens, Mykonos & Santorini with my good friend Brigitte who is like a sister to me.  She is an excellent travel partner, fun, safe, patient and street smart. We could both use a vacation and it looks so beautiful and relaxing there.  We would stay 7 days so we could have a day to prepare and a day to recover before we returned to work.  We would explore the islands, snorkel, swim, shop, and eat the wonderful cuisine.  I would also love to horseback ride on the beach. So if I had to pick two main activities to do, it would be to horseback ride on the beach and snorkel off of the islands.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 6,080

I would go to Napa with my five oldest friends.  We've been friends since grammar school.

We would go wine tasting at several vineyards.  Take a day trip to Muir Woods for a hike.

Drive down the coast to Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur.  We would be gone for about ten

days.  Actually, it doesn't matter where we go as long as we do it together!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 6,080
my friend andi would like to go to ireland we would love to see there culture and the beautiful land and sample there food and enjoy there way of life
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors