Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 341 of 6,080
I would love to take my 3 sisters on a trip to Las Vagas. I'm the oldists of 10 children . Cancer has taken 2 of my sisters, my hushand & my daughter in law. This has been a tough year. Caring for them, watching them die has taken a toll on us. We need a break I'm 76 yrs old just have my SS check, + 2 of my sisters are also on SS. It would a gift from heaven for us to get away for a few days, See some shows, site seeing & gamble I little just spent some time having fun tigether. It's been so long since we've had the oppunity to relax & be together having fun. I would be so thankful if I won. Thank you, God Bless Shirley Lessley
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 342 of 6,080
Myself, chris, donna, Lia and cheryl would take a fantasy trip to Walt Disney world for a week to be kids again. I've never been there we could visit all the countries at Epcot, and see exotic animals from all over at animal kingdom. We could relax oround the pool with good friends and be pampered. Oh yes my kinda getaway. I would take these friends because they are all girls with big hearts that give to others all the time.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 343 of 6,080

Myself and two other AARP girlfriends have so much in common.  We are 3 of the 53% of women that will not leave the house without makeup on.  We all live independently, not in a retirement home and we prefer to use the ATM machine over the tellers.

Since we all enjoy a good party, our common vacation ‘must do’ is Las Vegas..Baby!  7 days of boogie-woogie till dawn, gorge ourselves at lush gourmet restaurants, indulge in spending the entire day shopping for those ‘must have’ items we forgot to pack.

Each of us have a ‘to do’ list, including but not limited to: The Mob Museum to learn about the birth of and real lives of the mob and what really happened with the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. Hiking and Rock Climbing in the canyons…. Oh, Yeah! Experience what it is like to pilot a passenger jet and fly a FAA – approved airline simulator.                                                 So much to do in a short period of time. Never a dull moment in Las Vegas.

The three of us celebrating the holidays..JPG

Oh yes, in the evenings you can always find us at the slot machines, exercising our arm muscles.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 344 of 6,080

I would like to go to Las Vegas. I would take my Aunt Barbie. She went last summer and didn't have that good of time because my uncle couldn't really go out in the heat. I have never been and always wanted to go. We could get massages and site see. I just want to have a "Girls just want to have fun" week.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 345 of 6,080

I ride my bike instead of driving my car to run errands and go to work whenever possible, my own way of giving to the earth for all she has done for me. I am an abnostic, but I am artist, and while riding my bike home to Eureka, Ca from Arcata to go to the farmer's market, another bicyclist rode beside me and started talking to me, but it was difficult to understand him as he had a heavy accent: he was from the Czech Republic, and he told me how he was riding his bike from our Airport in Mckinnleyville to San Fransico to meet up with a friend to go to Yosemite together.  We were talking and I told him about all the good places to eat in old town, Eureka when he asked me about a good campground to go to around here.  Why, I told him to pitch his tent in my living room!  He left all his things at my apartment, we had dinner, then he came back to my place and tallked art and bicycling; he has a wife and two children in the Czech Republic; he also is self employed, and as I am a newbie at it, he gave me tips.

Then we said goodnight, and I woke up to leave early, as did he for his long trip; but we have since emailed, and he has invited me to his house across the globe, for I told him about my wish to paint the beautigul landscape in eastern Europe, and to bicycle the trails and just adore the acnient architecture of the big cities; Vienna, Buda-Pest, Prague.........It is a dream for I was a singel mom and I am a cancer survivor, and never had enough for a vacation let alone a trip to Europe. I am  single,and don't have any single girlfriends, so I guess I would not qualify for this getaway-giveaway.......but I thought I would write my story; my soul is plastered on my website for my artwork, patricia-kanzler.artistwebsites.com.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 346 of 6,080

I am the oldest of five girls..Two years ago we planned our very first sisters vacation.  Mainly because our middle sister Cindy had terminal Cancer.  She wanted to go to North Carolina so of course that is exactly where we went.  All five of us and our 86 year old mother came too!  Since we are all well over 50 we found a wonderful cabin in the mountains and just really relaxed and tryed to enjoyed one anothers company.  Our Sister passed July 10, 2015.. She was 57. involved in  animal rescue 35 years of her life ..right up to the very end.  I would like to plan another sisters vacation for all of us to help an animal rescue in honor of our sister. My daughter started a no kill rescue two years ago in Las Vegas where we live.  I would love for my sisters to come and see what was started from the inspiraion of our sister Cindy. We could also go to Mt Charleston right outside Las Vegas and enjoy some mountain air with rescue dogs. It would be wonderful if everyone could stay at least a week.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 347 of 6,080

I would like to take 4 girlfriends to the Big Island in September of next year.  The church I started is having their 30th anniversary!!   I don't know which 4 yet, but I'd like it to be ones who have supported me throughout the trials and joys of my ministry.  

I'd likeus to stay a week, and I'd like to take them on a helicopter ride to see the volcano and the rest of the island from the air, and I'd like to stay a night or two in one of the exclusive hotels & have a spa day!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 348 of 6,080

I would go to Chicago with my 3 sisters for an extended weekend trip.  It would be a good getaway for the 4 of us to just have some much needed time to just visit museums and shops and restaurants that we used to visit when we were younger.  We don't get a chance to just get away the four of us very often and I think this would be great for us.

Thanks for the opportunity to enter.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 349 of 6,080

On a cruise to somewhere warm.

With Janet, Karen and Kallie.

5-7 day cruise would be wonderful.

Do local day trips and evenings around a piano bar catching up on what's been happening in the last few decades.

LMParker

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 350 of 6,080

I have a dear friend in Connecticut who has cancer.  The prognosis is not good. I planned to visit her over Thanksgiving - I live in St. Louis Missouri.  I had the trip booked, the flights paid for and a car reserved.  Then the terrorist activities started.  I just want to spend a few quality days with her doing anything she wants to do on a warm beach of her choice.  I would not have the faith I have nor be alive today if it were not for her.  The two things I would do is go out on a sailboat with her and then whatever one thing she would want to do whether it be complete makeover at a spa including massage, or just go to a broadway-quality show.  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors