From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 421 of 6,080

Nantucket, Ma.

my daughterinlaw Ellen, because I adore her

two weeks

walk on the beach, then read sitting on the warm sand

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 422 of 6,080

how wonderful!!  I would take my long life friends Sharon, Jayne, Chele and my sisters Diane and Joann for a week at the beach! we would have a beach house with beach access and our own pool and we would enjoy a week of laughter and sisterhood! There would be times we would go out for meals and times we would share cooking at the beach house..we would also enjoy some night life mayeb on a boardwalk or somewhere in town and also enjoy campfires at our beach house every night!!  This would be a dream come true and a wonderful time for us all to bond!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 423 of 6,080

I would take a cruise to Alaska from Seattle, since this is on my "bucket list." I'd include friends from various stages in my life, all who suffered losses (I lost my mom last year): my childhood friend, who lost her mom and brother at relatively young ages; my college friend, whose daughter has cystic fibrosis; my friend who was pregnant at the same time as me, who lost her mother and sister (to melanoma) in a short timespan; my friend from dancing who has a mild form of MS; a former coworker whose son was killed in Afghanistan; a fellow volunteer from a nonprofit organization who lost her first son as a toddler after a tonsillectomy.

We'd spend a few days in Seattle and take a 7-day cruise. In Seattle, we'd definitely go to the Chihuly museum (I'm a groupie!) and the Space Needle. 

Although most of my friends don't know each other because they are all over the country, I think we'd all have a blast!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 424 of 6,080

Hi Name is Estela

I will like to go to Luis Obisto ca

and who would ilike to go , i willlike to go with my sister cause she is the best , she take care of my mothe that she has canser on her lower back , so my siter those a lote thisng for her , I we love to go for 4day or week if we could do it , she work so much , but i hope that she could take the time . cause she really needs this time .

the first thing that i we love to do is for her to gt a very nice massege , and nice peace time , go to have a very nice dinner , take walk at the beach , hear some nice music , spend some time together , and forget, all want we are going together , she is the best friend i have

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 425 of 6,080

Winning this contest would mean I could share a special place with special memories with special people...We would go to Germany where we spent many years as youngsters but rarely together.  It would be a dream to reunite in this special place that our parents were able to share with us when we were kids.  My best girlfriends are my two sisters and because of our age spread & life circumstances, we haven't enough time together, just the three of us.  Our love is deep but we need a special opportunity to embrace each other, our love, our heritage...all to ourselves.  We have raised kids, some grandkids, and we are getting up in age - opportunities are slim and we could never afford this without a "prize" like the one offered.  We wouldn't stay long for $5K, but we could probably have several days/nites to reminisce about what a treat it was to be in that story book setting as children & finally together as older women today...before its too late!  We would do a couple of activities that we did as kids; visit a castle, take a Rhine River cruise, and enjoy a typical German meal in a quaint restaurant.  We'd try to find at least one of the cottages we lived in and use trains to get about as we did then. Dad and Mom have passed on, but not before giving us the gift of travel to foreign parts (due to Dad's job & Mom's being British).  An ultimate bucket list opportunity - thanks for asking!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 426 of 6,080

I would take Wendy (a single mom) Carol (mom of two) and my sister (mom of disable teen son) we have been freinds for 33 years and my sister well since birth! We could go to a beach home any where it would be a great time with lots of laughs and wine! Time away from chaos of kids and family obligations,relax and rejuvination would be so awesome.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 427 of 6,080

Hawaii with my 2 older sisters... I've never been and haven't been on a relaxing beach vacation for over 12 years now! I think it's time!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 428 of 6,080

The Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway would be the perfect trip for me and girlfriends to visit my daughter who now works in New York City.  Gail, Eileen, Jen, my daughter Kelly and myself would take in all that New York has to offer, fine dining and sightseeing at Ellis Island and a Times Square!  A stroll through Central Park during the day, a little shopping, and one of Broadway's finest shows!  A nice four or five star hotel with all of the amenities would insure that our stay was fabulous.  My daughter Kelly moved to New York City a little over a year ago.  I don't get the opportunity to visit often and a getaway with my girlfriends would not only provide a fantastic opportunity for me and my girlfriends to have fun, but also an opportunity to visit with Kelly and have her show us the sights!  What a wonderful idea for a contest!  New York, New York, hopefully here we come thanks to AARP!

@AARPLynne wrote:

Tell us all about your dream getaway with your gal pals and you could win $5,000. To enter for a chance to win the grand prize, your story must include:

1. Where would you go?
2. Who would you go with and why?
3. How long would you stay?

4. What two activities would you do?

A panel of AARP Travel Experts will pick their favorite entry and that lucky winner will receive $5,000 towards the Ultimate Girlfriends’ Getaway!

Don’t have all the answers? Find inspiration by exploring the AARP Trip Finder and Destination Guides and you may be one step closer to taking your ultimate girlfriends’ getaway!

Enter today, contest ends November 19, 2015. See Official Rules and Terms of Service

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 429 of 6,080

I would like to go to Quebec City with my lifetime girlfriend Sharon Parke. We have talked about going there for many years. We would like to walk the old streets, take a carriage ride and take the tours of the historic areas where the Plains of Abraham are. We would like to stay at the Hotel Frontonac above the old town. The trip would take about a week as we live in different areas

This getaway would be a dream fufilled for us.

Very sincerely yours, Elizabeth Parinas

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 430 of 6,080
My dream vacation would be to see clear blue water for the first time in my life. Stay in the water and Sun bath in white sand. Drink Pina Coladas and hang out with my sisters (Gloria, Patricia, and Sheila). Dance until the late hours and act like a teenager all over again. 2 weeks sounds great!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors