With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 431 of 6,080

If I win the girlfriends trip I would take the ladies in my office.  Our group includes a mom of two adopted children whose husband works out of town for weeks at a time and a mom of three who also has a husband with chronic health issues.  We all work full time, have husbands, children and even a grandchild.  We all are caregivers who could use sometime to ourselves!

We work for a non-profit after school program serving about 600 children per day.  We work hard to make sure our 90 staff have all the tools they need to keep our after school children safe and happy while their parents are at work.

I would love to take everyone on a seven day cruise to someplace really warm. A cruise would be perfect since we would not have to cook or clean and the great staff on the cruise ship would cater to us.

I think our group would enjoy spending the day on the beach, relaxing and enjoying some adult beverages.  Some would probably want to snorkle.  Also, taking a tour of whatever city we were visiting would be great as a couple of the group are very interested in art and history.  Maybe a bit of shopping and lunch thrown in would be awesome.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 432 of 6,080

Iceland

Riding vacation.

Incredible for the horse enthusiast girls.

Marcia, Laura,
Deb, Rachel & Terri

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 433 of 6,080

I have a group of girlfriends I've known since 7th grade (12 years old - and we all recently celebrated our 60th birthdays!) - we had an all-girl singing group called The Interlude, in which I sang and played piano, another girl sang & played guitar, and the rest sang & played things like tambourine.  There are 5 of us - me, Dana, Sue, Trudy, and Holly, and we have remained close friends even as we all are scattered across the country - me in Ohio, 2 in Pennsylvania, one in Texas, and one in Colorado.  We used to get together for "Interlude Weekends" in places like NYC and Nashville, but due to schedules and financial issues, we haven't been able to get the entire group together in one place for over 5 years!  We have talked for years about getting away to a tropical island, so I would LOVE to have my Interlude sisters join me for a week or so on an island in the Caribbean!  Doesn't really matter which island (I've heard Belize and Aruba are wonderful) as long as there are white sands and blue oceans in which we could snorkel, swim, drink wine, and hang out together on the beach.  It would be great if there were a Tiki Bar so I could play piano & we could all sing together again!

Sherry M

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 434 of 6,080

I think it would be a lot of fun to rent a motor home, so my friends and I could tour America with our dogs.  We'd start in California (Yosemite, where we live), travel down the coast, then zig-zag east across the US, stopping at special sites or when we feel like it.  Then, we'd travel up the Eastern coast, stopping to visit with old friends. I think it would be great to go into Canada after seeing Niagara, then zig-zag west until we arrive in Washington. After taking in all the charm and beauty of the coast, slowly weave our way south, stopping to visit fiends and family or to enjoy hikes with the dogs. I've traveled other countries, but haven't seen much of the USA. Seeing it with girlfriends sounds like a wonderful trip.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 435 of 6,080

Since 1979, I have been best friends with 5 of my girlfriends from youth group.  We bonded during our tumultuous yet impactful teenage years and have remained best buddies through our adult lives.  We live within 2 hours of one another and despite the distance, we meet to shmooze every 6-8 weeks and end the year with our annual Yaya weekend retreat.  We also celebrate all special and significant events together, sharing both happy occasions as well the loss of parents, medical challenges and our children's trials and tribulations.  We call ourselves the Yayas and our collective 13 children named themselves Club 13.  We are most happy being together in a beautiful place where we can meet nature, either in a beach location, or natural forest, or even a winery.  We love to take small hikes and find a place to picnic where we can enjoy good healthy food and long conversation.  Going out to dinner and seeing theater is a luxury that we love.  Being together for at least 3 days is optimal as it takes us at least a day to catch up on the details of our lives and then the next couple of days we need to process together and help each other with individual issues or concerns. Going away with my Yaya's on an Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway would definitely be a dream come true.

Lindy Passer

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 436 of 6,080

We would go to Sanabel and Captiva Island in Fla. My husband and I would go and he is the veteran. We would stay 2 weeks. We would walk the beach, swim and bicycle.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 437 of 6,080

My dream gal pal vacation is to go to Scotland with my "fab four" friends Mary, Lucy, and Susan for a golf and sight seeing trip.  We would golf at St. Andrews and other courses around the country.  We need at least 2 weeks to travel around the country and golf at various courses.   We would also like to visit our friend Irene, who winters with us,  but lives in Scotland.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 438 of 6,080
My dream vacation would be to see clear blue water for the first time in my life. Stay in the water and Sun bath in white sand. Drink Pina Coladas and hang out with my sisters (Gloria, Patricia, and Sheila). Dance until the late hours and act like a teenager all over again.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 439 of 6,080

If you ask a woman where she would rather be than anywhere else in the world, and she has a child living 3,000 miles away, the answer is a no-brainer. She would choose to visit her grown baby, especially if he or she is an only child, like mine and one of my two best friend's. One of our children is in Los Angeles, CA, one is in Chatsworth, and the other is an Air Force wife soon to be relocated to Creech AFB, NV. If we could all meet in Santa Monica, CA, that would be the happiest trip of our lives.

My high school best friend of 45 years, Linda, is recently divorced and living alone. Robyn, whom I've known nearly as long, is in the same situation. I'm lucky to still be happily married, but we all desperately miss our children every day.

We would probably only be able to spend one or two weeks there, as two of us are still working. We would frolic on the warm California beach and bask in the love of our children, savoring and storing in our memories as much of their essence as we could hold. Please choose us and make our dreams come true.

Sincerely,

Carol Causey

Grantville, PA

717-469-1808

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 440 of 6,080

I'd go to the Seychelles Islands.  I have been to East Africa before and really loved it there, but I've always been fascinated with going a little further beyond the continent to the Island, having seen it on a map and investigated it online. The images are quite stunning!   I'd take my best friend of 36 years and stay for 2 weeks. She's had a rough 3 years battling and WINNING against ovarian cancer.  Now that it has been confirmed for a 2nd year that she has no traces of cancer remaining, I'd like to take her away from it all and we'd celebrate her, life, friendship and winning! While on the Island, I would go snorkeling and walking (although sailing is a very close 2nd).

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users