Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 601 of 6,080

I would go to Hawaii.  I woud love to island hop to take in the most scenery possible.  I would go hiking to waterfalls, dance at a luau, drink umbrella drinks on the beach, shop, and relax. I would love to take a surfing class and go hang gliding. Seven days would be perfect. The best part is, I would be spendig it with favorite girls and we will enjoy everything Hawaii has to offer, but more importantly, we willl bond,talk, laugh and have an amazing time.  My closest friends and I all went to junior high school together and share the bond of having girls with Down syndrome.  A trip like this would be the ultimate dream come true.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 602 of 6,080

Hi, my name is Gwen and I am a hard working wife , mother and caregiver to my Dad. My perfect place to go on a vacation with one of my best friends would be St Lucia, or another similar destination.  I have a few best friends, but I think the one that really can use a vacation is my best friend Melissa. She is also a hard working wife and mother. She is also a caregiver to her older sister that has been crippled by MS and has raised this sister's child along with her own. What we would do? Absolutely nothing but relax and be pampered. We would want someone to wait on us hand and foot, like how we been doing others for so many years. We would give our families the resort telephone number and tell them to call us only if there is an emergency. Our cell phone would be off excepted for the sending of selfies of us smiling with tropical drinks in our hands doing absolutely nothing. We would explain to our families that  " can't find something" or  " you need to vent because your boyfriend didn't call you today" is not an emergency. We would just sit and talk all day if I had it my way, but I know for my best friend Melissa, the adventurous one, she would want to experience something crazy like zipline in the forest or swim with sharks. And I am quite sure she would get me to do it with her.  Of Course we would like to stay a few weeks, but we know if we stay longer than a week our families will have to call 911 for emergency assistance for help with all that we do.  Thanks AARP for this sweepstake, just writing this story really gave me an imaginary trip with my best freind Melissa.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 603 of 6,080

Key West

Best friends, Beth, Kate, Susan

Went with these friends over 20 years ago before my son was born.  We had the best most relaxing

fun of our lives.  We would stay for as long as we can on $5000.  We would sail, play, watch the

sun set.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 604 of 6,080

We would go to Palma de Mallorca, specifically Puerto Andraitx.  A tiny apartment on the top of the mountain overlooking the port and in the distance, Ibiza.   A huge tiled patio lined by bouganvilla to enjoy breakfast of fresh squeezed blood orange juice and tender buttery croissants.   Into the port for supper of grilled shrimp and asparagus.  After supper bask in the aroma of pines, a latte and brandy.  All that prepares us for  a full day shopping for exquisite leather goods and fine gold.  Breathtaking views, exceptional seafood, wonderful wines, the Balleric Islands are an unrivaled destination surrounded by the Mediterranean.  I could pack and be gone in 20 minutes.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 605 of 6,080

I would go on a Alaskan Cruise with Crystal, Lullah and Mattie because we share a lot of common intrests, have been friends for a long time and have loads of fun together.

we woukd go dog sledding and visit historical spots

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 606 of 6,080
Oops almost forgot I would stay for 7 days and a couple of days before and after on land on our way to the ship. We would hang out in the hot tubs/pool and dance the night away!! 😀
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 607 of 6,080

I would love to go to a B&B near/on the Atlantic ocean and relax, read, take walks and roam the area.  Depending on which city we were residing, we would take some sightseeing tours.  I would take my sister because we live 2,000 miles apart and we do not get to see one another very often.  Our schedules are boundless. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 608 of 6,080
Due to tight finances and caring for an elderly parent I don't do vacations but I would sure love to take a trip to the ocean. I don't have any gal pals other than my granddaughters. I have four I would love to take to a Disney cruise because none of us have been. We have lost so many loved ones the last 3 years this would be a chance for us to spend time together and reflect and relax. Thank you for the opportunity to enter.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 609 of 6,080

I have a dream - to take one of my best friends, Nataliya, a single mom and her four children (ages 10-16 years;  3 girls and 1 boy) to the Columbia River Gorge, OR, for 7 days.  I would like to enrich the life of Nataliya and her children in a meaningful and uplifting way and enable them to enjoy and appreciate the excitement of life in one of the most beautiful parts of our country.  Their last vacation was 4 years ago.  

My dream vacation would include the following activities:  explore the vistas and beauty of the 
Columbia River Gorge by taking a river cruise, hiking the trails along the Gorge which features one of the highest concentration of waterfalls in North America.   Visiting this unique natural area will also include the excitement of ziplining and cooling off in some of the rock pools along the Gorge.  

Wherever I have lived, my life has been a life of service to the marginalized.  Nataliya and her children are in a destitute situation not of their own choosing.  

I would be humbled and extremely grateful if you could help my dream to become a reality!  

Cecilia Werner

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 610 of 6,080

I would do a sisters reunion at any southern beach (NC, SC or FL for lots of fun, laughter and reminiscing).  I would take my sisters, Janis, Cathy, Belinda and myself Karen and we would like to take one  brother-in-law along as well Dick. There is never enough time for sisters  and we are fortunate enough to still have each other  (all in our 60's)  We would stay a week and would enjoy taking in a show (maybe country western)  or a gathering with John Edwards, physic and would also enjoy a spa visit

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors