If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 661 of 6,080
My dream trip is going to Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City to finish this guitar that I'm making. I'm learning how to become a luthier and I have friends there that are experts in finishing instruments. I have been battling stage four cancer now for a few years and I'd like to get this done before I pass away.
Godspeed my friends.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 662 of 6,080
My dream girls vacation would be a trip to California. My BFFs are Lisa and Tammy so I hope they could go with me. We would need two weeks if we drive, one week if we fly. Two things I would do while we're there are go to the Ellen Degeneres show, I love Ellen! And drive the coastal highway.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 663 of 6,080
Australia and New Zealand would be a fantasy vacation for myself and my best friend in the world that would be my 21 year old daughter. This would be a trip of a lifetime. I would love to enjoy this new experience and see the beauty of other countries they have to offer. Enjoying the different cultures and traditions for about three weeks. As she gets older my time with her is so very precious and I want to capture every moment and a wonderful holiday vacation with the person that means the world to me, my motherly love for her is to the moon and back. Her and I would travel every corner of that country and experience any and everything that was offered to us that we could fit in. If anybody asked me if I could only experience one more thing what would it be and that would be a fantasy vacation with my daughter. That would be the best memory anyone could have.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 664 of 6,080

Some years ago I was living and teaching in Penang, Malaysia. It was a new country and a new language. Though it was a great school and my colleagues were lovely, I was missing a circle of women friends. I was lonely. Eventually I was invited to join a book club.  The club has been in existence for years and was made up of women from different cultures, ages, families and professions. We became great friends sharing not only books but the ups and downs of our lives. 

Situations changed for each of us and eventually all but three had left Malaysia.  We now live in Canada, Italy, the UK, New Zeland, the US and Denmark. Though social media and Skype help to stay in touch, to be together face to face would be brilliant.  We are hoping to gather in Italy in 2016. We chose Italy because it is about half way around the globe for each of us.  We would be together for 5 days.  We would actually have a book club meeting.  We would cook together, hike, share our life stories from the last five years, and explore the countryside. Just thinking about being with these friends makes me excited and puts a huge smile on my face.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 665 of 6,080
Bali
Debbie H, Debbie K, Betty, Barbara, Susie, judy
7 days
Go to the mountains and the beachs
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 666 of 6,080
I would go to Las Vegas
I would take my sister Ingrid
I would love to stay for at least a week
We would go to many shows there, eat at many restaurants and off course gamble (mainly on the slot machines).
I'm ready!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 667 of 6,080

Taking a photo safari to Africa (Tanzania or South Africa) with Shannon, Irina and Lindsay!  We are all passionate animal lovers and enjoy learning about them!  Because of the long travel time, I expect the trip would be 10-14 days long.  I envision us getting up with the sunrise, hearing the wildebeasts snorting, and the veldt coming alive for another day of survival.  After a game drive with local experts, breakfast and some relaxation time.  We would probably compare photos on our digital cameras and talk about our favorite sights of the day.  I'm sure there would be a nap in there somewhere, and then an afternoon game drive.  We all enjoy a nice glass of wine (or two), and a leisurely dinner.  This would be such a great, exotic adventure of a lifetime with some of the most wonderful women in my life.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 668 of 6,080
I would go with my bff sister Kathy and our childhood friend Donna on an rv trip thru the Canadian Rockies. We'd stay in campgrounds and take hikes every day to see calendar type scenery. We are three 65+ who work to stay fit for active trips and It's our dream trip to do before we get too old.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 669 of 6,080

i would take my third oldest sister denise and go to a tropical island spa resort. we would stay for one to two weeks and treat ourselves to back massages, facials and pedicures. then after pampering ourselves we would go out to eat and look local sites visit a musuem and go to any festival that may be going on and check out flea markets if there is any in the area. then go back to the resort eat supper and go relax in a jacuzzi sip on a wine cooler  and another day we would go shopping pick up a couple souviners to take home and get a shirt or skirt/slacks or outfit and eat lunch go back and get massage again and relax in the jacuzzi then eat supper. also take another day to play on the beach and try several of the local restuarants cuisine maybe go clubbing one evening

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 670 of 6,080

I would love to take a vacation to Disneyland and California Theme Park in Anaheim, California.

I would go with my two daughters and my mother.  My daughters are my best friends, and my mother has always been my rock.  I'm a two time cancer survivor and am blessed to be alive.  I've had so many medical bills that I haven't been able to afford a vacation for quite a few years.  My mother almost passed away two years ago when two blood vessels burst in her head.  She underwent emergency brain surgery, and came through it with flying colors.  I'm blessed to have my mother in my life still....she's my rock.  I'm very proud of my daughters. These women are amazing, and the most important women in my life.

I think a week would be long enough to go on all the rides and see the attractions.

While we are in Southern California, we could see all the other sites and eat at some wonderful restaurants.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors