Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 671 of 6,080

I want to go to San Francisco by myself.  Would love to visit Alcatraz and Fisherman'S Wharf.  Want to go for one week to see all the attractions including Lombard Street.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 672 of 6,080
I would take my daughter Jennifer granddaughters and sister in laws. BF Kristal. We would take a long yacht around the Gulf of Mexico. Exploring beaches and islands. Soaking up the sun and cooking for each other. Enjoying the making of wonderful memories. I think a 2 week boat ride. Would be marvelous. Love family friends beach and water. What an amazing gift. Thank you in advance and let God direct your choice. Blessings to all
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 673 of 6,080
My dream vacation is to Finland. My other half is Finnish and it would be so wonderful to see where his grandparents and family were from. And, since Finland is popular for it's Arctic Circle attractions, it would be awesome to stay in a glass igloo and watch the Aurora Borealis. We would need to stay there for at least a week or more so that we could also get in some skiing on the glorious slopes.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 674 of 6,080

My best friend Jan and I have both gone through similar issues in life.  I truely feel that we were meant to become friends.  We both survived cancer a year apart.  She was there for me when my husband had many medical problems such as heart disease (surgery twice), coronary artery disease, stroke, two hip surgeries, eye removal surgery (became blind due to auto accident where he was hit by a drunk driver 21 yrs old).  I was there for her when her husband had heart and coronary artery disease problems, back problems (surgery), and stroke.  They both passed away after having a stroke.  We both are having a hard time moving on without them but are taking it a day at a time.

We would go to Washington DC for at least 5 days.  Since both of our husbands served our country, we would visit the WWII, vietnman war, and Korea war memorial, the tomb of the unknown soldier, arlington cemetery in their honor since this is something they would have wanted to do.   

Beatrice Blomquist

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 675 of 6,080

I am not sure but as long as the group would all be in agreement, Walkill N.Y.                                     I  would go with all the women who lost their husbands and became widows.  Starting with my self married 42 yrs, my husband died Sept 20,2015, my baby sister Janet,  married 51 yrs husband died April 2014. Others Nila, Sally, Dixie.   

Stay 3 to 5 days in a van depending on how may would go.

Sight sea for activities.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 676 of 6,080
A Trip with the Girl Gang, all Grandmothers Alice, Nancy, Joanne, Doris, Gayle, Barbara And Genney, to the Mackinac Bridge area of Michigan to explore the area and it's history.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 677 of 6,080

Hello!  My friends and I are open to any getaway destination when we can coordinate our schedules.   Lately, we have mentioned Alaska a few times.   We are five ladies, three of whom have known each other since grade school.  We are all in our 50's.  I'm considered the new friend in the group.   I met the girls when I was in college 39 years ago.   If we traveled to Alaska, we would immerse ourselves in the beautiful scenery, check out the local restaurants, shop and just continue to make memories that keep us laughing.  We traveled all the way to Iceland to see the Northern Lights, but did not see them due to weather conditions.  Seeing the Northern Lights in Alaska would be a top itinerary item. Ten days in Alaska would be ideal.  I would love to win the AARP $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest and share the winnings with my dear friends, who love to travel.  Rest assured, we would put the winnings to good use and make excellent ambassadors for AARP!  Looking forward to hearing from you soon! 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 678 of 6,080

If I were lucky enough to win this contest I would take my sister's Moira, Tara and best friend Cindy. Moira endured a very difficult divorce and for the sake  of her son she never once spoke against her husband.  She was a single mom and worked full time as the Special Needs Nurse for our local city.  She worked in an elementary school with severely disabled children for the past 18 years, administering medications, tube feelings, suction and any other medical care necessary.  She is know as an Angel in her field.  My sister Tara is alao in  the medical field as manager of a MD's office for the past 25'years,  Tara has had many trying times in the past 15 years with her son, he had followed the wrong path and became incarcerated and in the Juvinile  court system for years. Tara stood by her son and did all she could to help him.  At times she was severely depressed and her health suffered resulting in numerous surgeries for medical problems due to stress.  My friend Cindy Flynn also was a single mom from the time her children were 4 and 6 years old.  She worked numerous jobs to pay the bills and keep a roof over her children's head. I myself have had a difficult time in the past 15 years with health issues. I have had numerous surgeries due to chrones and colitis and had my colon totally removed and currently live with an ilieostomy. I have allergic reactions to all ostomy products which makes my life challenging.  

I would love to spend two weeks of quality time with these women in Ireland/Italy near a beach resort.  We have all dealt with trying times and have all come through as stronger idividuals with a renewed sense of who we are and what we want out of life.   We would love to travel the areas, where our parents' and grandparents' came from, meet relatives and enjoy each others company.

Touring the castles and churches in Ireland and maybe take a cooking class in Italy.

We have ten children between the four of us that we care for and love very much.  It would be wonderful for us to have some time away from or families and treat ourselves well for a week or two.

The four of us all volunteer for different organizations, Special Needs Programs, Breast Cancer Annual Fundraiser, Board of Directors of  local Hibernian Association, Food Pantry, Member of Volunteer Firehouse Womens' Organization and fundrIsing for the local Jewish congregation.

Thank you for this opportunity to enter this wonderful contest.

Bridget Kopek

Brie623@optonline.net

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 679 of 6,080
My dream getaway would be to visit as many of the U.S. states within the period of getaway time. I would visit a variety of restaurants and spas, museums and parks with girlfriends.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 680 of 6,080

I would take my 3 best girlfriends and go back to SEDONA, **bleep** were we had the best time hiking the canyons, relaxing under the stars in the hot tubs, Going to dinner and all ordering something different but shared all meals just to experience our each meals and different tastes. Just the sites and peacefulness that we needed and need in our busy working lives for 5 days - Having the closeness of your best friends who will always be there for you without judgement is the best and most satisfying life experience everyone should have. I would do anything for them just as they would do anything for me. People don't understand what REAL friendship is anymore!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors