You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 991 of 6,080
We would go to Las Vegas for three days and see some shows.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 992 of 6,080

This really is a no brainer. I would invite my wonderful sister and sister-in-laws to go to sunny Florida during the coldest months, say Jan or Feb, for a relaxing stay at a Luxury Hotel with Spa services and great restaurants. 

We would take walks on the beach and go window or real shopping. Have our nails done and get a aromatherapy massage. 

We would laugh a lot! And drink some great wine.

We would only have our selves to take care of... no husband, kids or hoouse. 

A perfect get away!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 993 of 6,080
I want to go to Africa with a bunch of friends to see all the animals there.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 994 of 6,080
I would take my best friend, girl friend, lover, soulmate and wife back to the Hawaiian Islands where it all began some 40 odd years ago! We would again get to stroll along the beaches, much as we did in our youth. We would be returning to some of the most beautiful places here on earth. If we returned to paradise, I would take her up to the Big Island, which she has always wanted to see (and never got the chance to go to) and we would go to Volcano National Park. We spent over 10 months stationed on Oahu, while serving in the USMC. It was the best place one could ask for to have a courtship! We would of course, go to see the Arizona Memorial. There are many so many different places to go and see, that it is hard to pick only two. There is the Blowhole, surfing up at North Shore(probably can't do that anymore), but would love to see it again! Take a trip up along Kamehameha Highway.. Cross the Pali, over to the Kaneohe side .(Windward Side of Oahu) There are (or were) some really great sandwich shops over there. I would love to spend at least 2 weeks in the Hawaiian Islands, as there is so much to see and do there. To spend a vacation trip with my wife in Hawaii is very high on my bucket list!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 995 of 6,080
I would like to go to the Grand Canyon and I would take my husband because he has never been and I would like him to see it while ha can still get around with a side trip to Sedona. Since there are so many things to do at both it would depend on what he was up to doing. How long would have to depend on who could watch our dogs and birds. However, if I have the option to take the cash I would put a new roof on my house and possibly replace some leaky windows.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 996 of 6,080

We would go to Universal Studios...... Been a dream to go

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 997 of 6,080

1. Where would you go?
2. Who would you go with and why?
3. How long would you stay?

4. What two activities would you do?

My first response would be to Aruba.

i would take my Friend Glora whom i have know since a little girl and my friend Sheilah whom i have known for a couple of years now and i confide in both of them. the last trip i took with around 10 girls was the best trip ever. Wwe would stay for a week.

We would do it all, snorkeling riding waves, boating, fishing, and dont forget the spas.

But after reflecting  i believe the best trip would be to go to Ghana with my church mission group in August to hold a young girls conference. Trip is about 14 days. i believe the girls in Africa would enjoy the trip much more when they see us coming to share in their lives and i believe we would get so much out of it, giving of ourselves. We would not have much time for activities because the conference is held daily for a week, but it would give me so much joy to be able to share in the lives of others who don't have even half as much as we do.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 998 of 6,080

I would go to the Western Caribbean via a cruise for 10 days with Nadine and Randee.  

All of us are going through some stressful times and it would be wonderful to get away on the open seas with no phones or responsibilities!  We would rest, shop and pamper ourselves with a massage or pedicure onboard.  We all haven't been able to getaway for some time.........

Thank you so much for offering this contest!!  Diana

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 999 of 6,080

Ultimate getaway would be to see all the Hawaiian Islands

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1000 of 6,080
My ideal getaway would be to the Virgin Islands for 8 glorious days and my girls vacation would be with my two daughters and two granddaughters. A life with eight children, six being boys and mostly male relatives, us females need some girl time.
We would baste in the sun while exploring the beautiful waters with swimming and snorkeling. Then dancing and dining to our hearts content. Everyday a new experience and joyful moments .
Kudos
Views