Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 3111 of 6,080

I would take my daughter and granddaughter to Puerto Rico. They both have had to endure the horror of their home burning. They proesently have nothing. They could use laughter and sunshine. They are trying to stay optomistic but it is dificult at times. We would snorkle and parasail.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3112 of 6,080

In my business, get aways are always hard, but would love to hit hawaii with my friends, for a week, just for down time.  Our job is demanding emotionally and a total get away would be outstanding for all of us.Mental health is a hard road and we get very involved with clients that we come to love. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3113 of 6,080

If I won this contest I would go to "the city of lights" Paris, France.  I would only take two other people, my Sister Stephanie and my cousin Betsy.  You see when I got sick they were both such great cheer leaders for me!  Yet geographically they have remained apart for decades and I would llove to bring them together again!  I would love to spend 8-10 days perusing the great city while doing some shopping but mostly I'd like to see the Louvre and the Eiffle Tower, taking pictures of everything along the way!  This would be a great adventure that would reunite some of my family, (we have a very small family), and would bring such joy!  Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3114 of 6,080

I would love to take my sisters and my daughters-in-law to Tahiti.  Find fabulous places to eat, relax with spa time and just do whatever suits us at the time.  It would have to be at least 7 days to allow 2 days travel.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3115 of 6,080

I would go to Puerto Rico. I would take my two sisters who I love very much. I would want us to go see where our parents were born and find their birth certicates or family members who may still be alive. We have never seen where they were born. We were born and raised in New York city. My parents are both decesed. They always told us about the Island and its beauty. They were porductive memebers of society. My Dad was a Pastry chef at the Plaza hotel and Mom was a advacate for immigrants who were non english speaking. My mother was very proud of her bilingualism and the fact that she was literate.Today I work in Social Services in a non for profit working with the immigration community from all over the world. My parents were poor but rich in spirit,in morals and in faith. We have never seen where they grew up or were forced to leave form for economic reasons. If this were to occur it would be a Dream come true for us. Both of my sisters are ill. One has beenstruggling with heart disease and the other with Diabetics. They are handling the grief of compromised health, and they are still adjusting. Let this Dream occur for us.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3116 of 6,080

I'd take my two girls to Galveston, Rent a house on the beach for a week. Do some site seeing ... Moody Gardens, shopping in town, historical home tours, as well as relaxing on the beach.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3117 of 6,080

I have not been on a "real" vacation since 1999 and I would love to take my 3 sisters, Nancy, Lauren & Michele and 3 other ladies, Sharon, Tricia & Marisa to NY City to enjoy the sites and sounds of the city.  I would love to go to a Broadway show and take in the night life of the city just for the weekend.  We would eat at some of the best restaurants and truly enjoy ourselves.  This to me wouls be my ultimate vacation with my best friends !!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3118 of 6,080

When I win the lottery Smiley Wink, I want to take ALL my loving and faithful girlfriends from elementary school, high school, college and on into my adult life (a list of about 35 at this point) to a spa in the Napa/Sonoma area, and be spoiled rotten, plus go on wine tastings, hikes and bike rides. A 5 day stay should cover it. I want them all to meet and love each other the way I love them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3119 of 6,080

If I had a girls getaway, I would go with my daughter to Aruba.  She is the mother of three, full time veterinarian, wife and extremely busy.  I don't know when she relaxes.  So, if I could get her away to Aruba for a week, we could lie on the beaches, relax in the sunshine, listen to the sounds of nature, snorkel, go to a spa, dine out near the water, sleep as late as we wanted and come back to face reality again fully revitalized and raring to go.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3120 of 6,080

Julie, Nanci, Lori and I would be hitting the Big Apple sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas for 5 days/4 nights. Why? Because New York City is the most exciting city in the world. Smiley Very Happy

I can't possibly pick just two activites, this is New York we're talking about! We'd bundle up and take a carriage ride through Central Park, see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall, watch our good friend's daughter dance in the Nutcracker, ice skate at Rockefeller Center, stroll 5th Avenue taking in all the window displays, enjoy pastrami on rye at Katz's Deli for lunch, Steaks at Delmonico's for dinner and hit every pub & tavern in between.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users