Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $5,000 Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest

Message 6071 of 6,080

My dream getaway with my BFFs would be to Washington, DC.  I love Washington.  There are so many museums to go and visit.  One day is just not enough. Plus, the shopping, great variety of stores and sales too.  Since I love to eat, we could go to the best restaurants.  These restaurants not found where I live.  I know this sounds weird, but I love the train.  It takes you anywhere you want to go.  Union Station has very nce stors in it also.  Well I hope I win, I sure need a vacation and my BFFs do too. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6072 of 6,080

I would go to Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota

I would go with Coco & Harley because they are my best friends

I would stay forever, if I could :-) but $5000 would keep us up here for weeks

We would go fishing on the MyrMar Marina launch or fishhouse if winter, and have lunch and cocktails at the MyrMar Marina Bar, because "Fishing is for 'girls' too!"

You are never too old for fishing; I've been out on the launch with people over 90 years young and they have a great time, swapping fish stories and enjoying the sense of community.

This resort area has been hit hard by a state ban on walleye fishing, so vacationing or travel to this area helps local residents, including many senior citizens, keep their jobs.

Let's go fishing, girlfriends!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6073 of 6,080

New Orleans would not be the same, or at least we wouldn't. My partner and I would take our two best girlfriends, Joan and Deena.  Neither I nor Joan have been to New Orleans. We would do cemetery tours, plantation tours, and of course eat and drink in the French Quarters. Staying for a week, we would be able to hit everything on our wish list. We would have ample time e to really relax, enjoy, visit and experience.1

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 6074 of 6,080

It has bee so long since i have been on a vacation, trip, adventure. I think it was when my son was a little boy. i took him to disney world in Orlando Florida, it was so relaxing , even my sugar went down. I am a diabetic. Now my son is 25 years old, and i need to take a vacation some where, the Bahama, Mexico, California, New Orleans, Washington, New York, any where even disney World.

I would be so greatful to go anywhere, My income is so small, but it is all i have to live on. I would propaly take my sisters. I am 60 years old and i realize now that is is not the years in my life but the life in my years. And as of now their has been no life in the years that i have spent here on earth. No vacation, no nothing, just work and church. some life right.

sincerly,

Cynthia Davis Griffin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6075 of 6,080

St George Island, Florida.

I'd go with Linda, Judy, Barbara, Wendy, Jennifer, Martha and Dianne

We would stay 10 days

and we'd go antiquing and beaching

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6076 of 6,080

My friend Julie and I want to do the new "Optimal USA Road Trip" in an RV. The map is located at http://www.randalolson.com/2015/03/08/computing-the-optimal-road-trip-across-the-u-s/ and hits all 48 contiguous states and associated national parks and/or cool things to see. 

We both are going to be retiring at the same time and thought this 13,700 mile journey would be the trip of a lifetime. There are so many things to see on this journey but the two things I would most like to see are the White House and Mount Rushmore. The beautiful thing about this "ultimate road trip" is that you can start in any state and follow the maps... WHAT AN ADVENTURE for 2 retired old adventurous ladies!!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6077 of 6,080

I would go to Kawai, Hawaii with Lindsay, Ginny and Judy. That laid-back green paradise would be the perfet place for four high school friends (47 years later)  to gather from our different locations for some R&R. We would whale watch, snorkel, eat tropical fruits and sleep with ocean breezes coming in the windows. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6078 of 6,080
Jamaica
deb, joy, danielle, and desiree
8 days
scuba, wind sail.........
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 6079 of 6,080

Welcome to the Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway Contest! Enter today for a chance to win. Ends 11/19/15.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Describe Your Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway

Message 6080 of 6,080

UPDATE: Congratulations to "sh13396472" for submitting the winning entry. To view the winning entry go to http://community.aarp.org/t5/Destinations/Describe-Your-Ultimate-Girlfriends-Getaway/m-p/1659967#M84...

Please note: The contest ended
November 19, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET. Entries received after this time are not eligible to win. 

Tell us all about your dream getaway with your gal pals and you could win $5,000. To enter for a chance to win the grand prize, your story must include:

1. Where would you go?
2. Who would you go with and why?
3. How long would you stay?

4. What two activities would you do?

A panel of AARP Travel Experts will pick their favorite entry and that lucky winner will receive $5,000 towards the Ultimate Girlfriends’ Getaway!

Don’t have all the answers? Find inspiration by exploring the AARP Trip Finder and Destination Guides and you may be one step closer to taking your ultimate girlfriends’ getaway!

Enter today, contest ends November 19, 2015. See Official Rules and Terms of Service

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors