Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Are You Traveling for the Holidays?

Message 1 of 10

am54885493 wrote:

My travels are local, just 1.5 hours on the road takes me to my core family, two brothers, 3 children and 14 grandchildren. Life is a wild ride! Sometimes I feel like an outsider because I moved away (just an hour for crying out loud). I’m glad I did, my grandchildren look at me as someone who did something really weird and had great success in some place other than our home town. I remember a conversation where they said they thot I was brave. Huh, I was only trying to be good at what I did and knew I needed a bigger arena. So my travels are sweet, my memories sweeter and I hope my future dripping in honey. And, I hope the same for you.

@am54885493  Wow an hour away seems like nothing.  Cleveland out to the suburbs can be a good half hour : )   My family is all here and so no traveling to see them is necessary for me either.   When I retire and snowbird or relocate, traveling would be required and I think we may pick different areas to relocate to so that should be interesting : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 2 of 10

My travels are local, just 1.5 hours on the road takes me to my core family, two brothers, 3 children and 14 grandchildren. Life is a wild ride! Sometimes I feel like an outsider because I moved away (just an hour for crying out loud). I’m glad I did, my grandchildren look at me as someone who did something really weird and had great success in some place other than our home town. I remember a conversation where they said they thot I was brave. Huh, I was only trying to be good at what I did and knew I needed a bigger arena. So my travels are sweet, my memories sweeter and I hope my future dripping in honey. And, I hope the same for you.

Message 3 of 10

piercer wrote:

Being retired and single, I took advantage of the winter season to travel to southern California near Indio.  I chose a 55 and older gated community for safety, plus it has two gyms, three pools, tennis and pickle ball, golf, a restaurant and about a hundred club activities.  

Sounds like a great place to get out of the snow Smiley Happy  Hope you have a wonderful time!

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 10

Being retired and single, I took advantage of the winter season to travel to southern California near Indio.  I chose a 55 and older gated community for safety, plus it has two gyms, three pools, tennis and pickle ball, golf, a restaurant and about a hundred club activities.  

Re: Traveling for the Holidays

Message 5 of 10

Olif wrote:

My niece would like to share a ride from somebody groiung to South Elroy, NC this week. Can you send me a message so I can inform her?

Thanks!

@Olif  Hi. This is a topic about people traveling for the Holidays but not to set up share rides?

Message 6 of 10

scleland wrote:

I’m traveling to Madrid with my husband for Christmas!  It’s sunny and 58 degrees here today!  Lovely!

Wonderful!  Have you been there before?   Is it Christmasy?

Bronze Conversationalist

Traveling for the Holidays

Message 7 of 10

My niece would like to share a ride from somebody groiung to South Elroy, NC this week. Can you send me a message so I can inform her?

Thanks!

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 10

I’m traveling to Madrid with my husband for Christmas!  It’s sunny and 58 degrees here today!  Lovely!

Message 9 of 10

Holiday Travel. 

Love it or hate it but millions of us will travel this holiday season.  

So so where are you going?  What are your plans?

Are You Traveling for the Holidays?

Message 10 of 10

Thanksgiving is just passed and Christmas is on it's way.    

Are you traveling this year?

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.