Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP Travel Center is a Joke!

Message 1 of 1

First:  there isn't a Phone App available for AARP Travel Powered by Expedia!  Are we supposted to lug our computer along?!

Second:  Back on my PC, found the only way to view "MY TRIP" is through "Support" at the bottom of the page, where "View an Itinerary" is located in tiny print above the "Search" window.  Wouldn't it be prudent to have a "MY TRIPS" on the home page?!   

Third:  The only other way to view "MY TRIP"  was to click a link in the confirmation email and go through a series of screens.

Fourth: When calling in to verify flights, agents seem very tentative and use a lot of "you should be Ok's" and "I think's"!!

Fifth:  My AARP Travel Center itinerary chosen airline seats did not agree with what I selected at booking, thus I called both air carriers and re-worked seats directly.  AARP Travel Center did confirm one airline seat change plus a new paid seat upgrade.  But, I didn't receive a second AARP Travel Center email confirming the second airline seat change plus a new paid seat upgrade. 

Sixth:  Call to AARP Travel Center to learn if there is a flight change, delay, cancellation or other issue I was told to contact AARP Travel Center.  And was advised to contact the airline(s) direct if I need to change a flight or upgrade.   Was I quoted the correct information?!

This is a long haul solo trip and I am very leary at this point.  Airfare was some cheaper, but not feeling warm a fuzzy about using AARP Travel Center at all..   

I encourage any AARP Executive to use the Travel Center for their next trip and let us know your experience!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors