Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Expedia Travel

Message 1 of 3

@Soosie wrote:
".....People are waking up! AARP is gaining a reputation for this......".

I don't know if AARP has a 'rep', but as someone who has booked their own trips for years, after comparing prices/deals from various sources, I have seen no advantage taking AARP deals. Yes, they offer discounts for a number of things, but it always seems to be with companies that charge so much more to begin with. For example, getting a discount with AVIS rent-a-car is still more than going to Budget. I just don't see advantages unless you're really brand-conscious.

But, that is up to the booker............

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Expedia Travel

Message 2 of 3
People are waking up! AARP is gaining a reputation for this. Sad. I wonder what has happened? Do some of the officers of AARP need to be replaced and can they even be with the way they are elected? I should say, "Appointed."
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP Expedia Travel

Message 3 of 3

I booked a 7 night vacation at the Riu Palace Costa Rica (all-inclusive) for my wife and me in February 2019. I used the AARP travel website to book the hotel and the transportation to and from the airport. I mistakenly booked the shuttle bus transportation for one person, rather than for two people. I called AARP and spoke to a representative who advised me to cancel my initial reservation and re-book the shuttle transportation for two people, which I did. During the conversation, I asked the Rep to review my travel plans and confirm that I had reserved the hotel for two people and everything was reserved correctly. The AARP Rep confirmed that everything was set. When we arrived at the Riu Palace in Costa Rica, I was told that the room had only been reserved for one person and that I had to pay an additional $1,200 for the second person. I spent two hours on the phone at the hotel speaking to Expedia's Customer Service, which was a total waste of time. I paid the additional charge, which made the cost of the hotel significantly higher than I would have paid if I had made the travel arrangements through other sources since I had compared prices on several websites before I booked with AARP. Expedia's Customer Service is pathetic. NEVER AGAIN!

Kudos
Views
Replies