Contributor

AARP Expedia Travel Center--Horrible

AARP needs to handle this group. I made a corporate reservation for a flight in May and as part of my payment purchased travel insurance. Due to a death in the family I needed to cancel the trip. AARP Expedia said when I cancelled the insurance wasn't any good but would get a credit from the airline (Delta) and would need to pay $200 when I rescheduled using this credit. I was also told to send in the claim to the insurance company paid for through AARP. Went through the insurance process never received a response. In the interim, my accounts payable manager at corporate said Expedia had compromised the corporate card and hence it was been cancelled and replaced. 

So on October 4 called AARP expedia to use the Delta credit for a personal wedding flight. I worked on it from 9:00 am until 1:45 pm with AARP Expedia. The attendant couldn't find the flights, didn't know how to handle, and this was all while I was work. Finally, she said she could book the flights I needed and charged my AARP credit card the $68.81 remaining monies. I went to the Delta flight sight that day printed out my confirmation from Delta and assigned my seats.

Then on 10/16/19 at 4:23 a.m. I received an email at on my personal email all six Delta flights were cancelled. At 9:47 I called AARP, went through the auto system with confirmation number but then when the agent got on said I needed to call back in an hour. At 11:04 a.m. I called back, the agent said the system was still down and to call back in an hour. I called at 1:09 pm and between 1:09 pm and 4:06 was on with AARP Expedia who during that time forwarded me to Brandon up a que. Brandon said the sanfu was on their part but the price of the ticket had gone up $100 since I purchased on 10/4. I said it wasn't my fault but theirs and so he said he would, if I could give him my credit card number over the phone, charge the $168.81 on my card and then refund the $100 back. He said the $100 had to charged back to my corporate card. I told him the corporate card was no longer in existence plus this was a personal flight. So if I gave him my personal card number I expected the $100 back on the personal card. While we were speaking I had my AARP credit card up to see what was going on. He charged my personal AARP card the $168.81. He then said he would and had processed the $100 refund to this card and it would show up in the next few days. I need to add I took off time to make the 10/4/19 reservation (4 hours) and all day yesterday (9-4 or 5 hours) to handle all this loosing $55 per hour or at a cost to me $495.

So you can imagine my concern when I received at my work email stating a refund of $100 had been sent to the compromised card. I left work at 11:17 a.m. today and called Expedia. I told the agent about my conversation with Brandon of yesterday. They disconnected me. Then called back at 11:52 a.m. The agent then sent me to Bree at 12:38 (all that time on hold) that said there was nothing she could do but I needed to call the corporate bank (in Canada) and state the account was closed on their letterhead and send to them. 

I will be cancelling my AARP membership.

Susan steele

0 Kudos
Contributor

I agree....never book a cruise thru AARP!  You are never considered a guest on the cruise web pages, you feel like on outsider.  If you are not on the cruise web site, you cannot book excursions thru their site.  You are not warned when your payment is due and if you miss it instead of receiving an email that payment is due, your trip will automatically be cancelled and all of the deposit will not be refunded.

0 Kudos