Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Winter's Day walk in the Botanical Garden

Message 1 of 4

We were visiting the domes since 1980, every winter, only missing one year. As you may know, they closed one (or two?) of the domes for awhile, but now have a temporary fix for the structural issues.

I really hope they can find the money to replace them - but it's really costly.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I am glad that you enjoyed my piece. Since you brought up Milwaukee gardens, here is my blog about visiting The Domes on a winter's weekend.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

We make it a point to visit conservatories over the winter. We have a couple nice ones in Chicago, and in Milwaukee. There is nothing nicer, in the winter, to walk out of 10-degree weather into a glass-enclosed structure surrounded by plants! I wish there were more of these around the country. (no, this is not my picture)

http://chicagocommunitygardens.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/garfieldParkCons_1.jpg

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

A Winter's Day walk in the Botanical Garden

Message 4 of 4

Sometimes you want to get away from the crowds. Taking a winter's day walk through the New York Botanical Gardens is a great way to get some alone time - https://goo.gl/jE8095

Tags (4)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors