Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

✈️ Everything You Need to Know About Traveling to Cancun (AARP Article)

Anonymous
Not applicable

✈️ Everything You Need to Know About Traveling to Cancun (AARP Article)

Does anyone live here or has visited or would like to? 🤔

🗣   AARP, Updated July 8, 2022.

👉LINK TO ONLINE AARP ARTICLE 

▶️  To reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.◀️

Thank you,

Nicole ✈️ (Destinations Forum)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone live here or has visited or would like to? 

🗣   AARP, Updated July 8, 2022.

👉LINK TO ONLINE AARP ARTICLE 

Thank you,

Nicole ✈️ (Destinations Forum)

Contributor

I've been to Cancun a few times, and it's always a blast. When to go really depends on your preference. Still, I like to go during the shoulder seasons to avoid crowds. As for where to stay, there are plenty of dope resorts and hotels to choose from. Make sure to research and find one that suits your needs. If you're looking for another adventure after your Mexican getaway, you should check Kilimanjaro Tours. So hit their link at https://altezza.travel/en/kilimanjaro-tours and see if it's your cup of tea. Overall, have a fantastic time in Cancun, soak up some sun, and make unforgettable memories.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter and her friends have gone.

Nicole 🙃

Contributor

Mexico is a FAB place to visit and travel to.  Been going every year for 30 years!  Never had any issues or bad experiences.  But of course stay vigilant and travel with others!

Playa del carmen is my choice.  40 minutes south of Cancun, taxi to.  Many all inclusive places to stay.  There's a budget for everyone! And you need to check out Calle 5.  It's 5th Avenue here!  Shops, restaurants and bars, walk along the street where there's no cars....a lovely place!  Our first visit we stayed in this town and at Hotel Lunata.  Right on Calle 5.  Walk to everything.  Check them out!

Just off the north coast of Cancun is  Isla Mujeres.  Sweet little island that is NOW booming, ferry over from Cancun for the day.  Rent a golf cart and drive the island and explore or take a boze cruise for the day on a catamaran...fun!!!!

Cozumel, a 40 minute ferry ride from Playa Del Carmen.  Get the first ferry out, rent a car, drive this tiny island, stop at all of the beaches and shacks for food and drinks, drink only bottled water here, drop off the rental and walk the towns square, (Sunday nights in all of the squares families come out to dance and socialize.  Grab dinner at a Mom & Pop place, wonderful food.  Not all food in Mexico are mexican dishes that's a myth.  I've had some of the best dishes at the all inclusive restaurants.  No worries about water in any of these places! Go shopping after dinner and catch the last ferry back to Playa Del Carmen.

We generally stay at the Palace Resorts there's many to choose from throughout Mexico. Or Zotery, and this year we're going west of Cancun to check out the newest resorts on the peninsula of Costa Mujeres.

Travel, explore and enjoy life!

Honored Social Butterfly

My daughter has traveled there but Mexico is starting to become a dangerous place, especially for people from the U.S.. If you travel there, stay in the enclaves that are well protected, don't independently travel to places known to have issues.

Recognized Social Butterfly

(2/26/24) Yes @nctarheel , I AGREE!!! Mexico in my humble opinion is NOT a place for tourist. 😎

[*** @nctarheel wrote:

My daughter has traveled there but Mexico is starting to become a dangerous place, especially for people from the U.S.. If you travel there, stay in the enclaves that are well protected, don't independently travel to places known to have issues.  ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP