WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Would you consider the shingles vaccine?

Message 21 of 92
Agree
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 92

No ! I had a mild case of shingles years ago, no replapse since. Dr. didn't suggest a shot. I don't get flu shots, had a pneumonia shot once. Don't know if I need more than one shot for pnemonia, Dr. hasn't said anything about anything ! I was diagnosed with osteoporosis years ago, & the dr. prescribed Fosamax. I declined. Since then I heard of class action suits against the makers of this drug-women who'd been taking Fosamax for a couple years or more were experiencing bone loss. What's With That ?? Later on, the dr. asked if I had filled that earlier prescription. When I told her about the lawsuit, she seemed surprised, said that drug was still on the market & still being prescribed. Again, I ask-What's With That !!??

Excuse me for having very little faith in the medical profession.

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 92

Not yet.  People on both sides of my family have had Shingles.  There was no vaccine available.  But my doctor is still reluctant to say it is safe.  So I will just wait for a while longer.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 92

What drug stopres in West Los Angeles have the shingles shot?  I am on several waiting list but have never heard from any of these outlets.  Also on the VA list but have not heard from it eiher.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 92

Not getting the second one, had a bad reaction to the first shot, whole body felt like it was burning for about 15 minutes, light flashes and dimmed vision,  profuse sweating,nausea 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 92

In late September/2018, wife and I got our second of two shingles shots. All four shots cost us, but we wanted to be protected and her PCP highly recommended it, as did my VA PCP. It took around a week for the pain to really subside, but it finally did go away. 

BTW, I'm 69 and she is 70. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 92
YES
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 92

The first shot caused that kind of pain for me. But the second didn't. You should get the 2nd shot. Better than getting shingles. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 92

My BC/BS paid 100% of the vaccine for me. Not "all" don't pay.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 92

I just got the second dose of the vaccine. You need the 2nd one within 6 months of the first. There is a shortage, go to your doctor or pharmacy and get on their waitin list. Walgreens is puttin people who need the 2nd vaccine ahead of those who need the 1st. I had the same side effects as you with the vaccine, but actually had a mild case of chicken pox from it. But I'll do that over having shingles any day!

Kudos
Views