Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What to Do If You Have a Low Back Pain Attack?

Message 1 of 21

@seaboyd @rkampfer 

Thanks for the stretching suggestions you each posted just did both and hope they'll help with my aching back 

Have a great one : ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

2. "Call your doctor to come to you". Yeah, good luck with that. I think doctors stopped making house calls back in the 1950s.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

Trust the black market, since:Opiod Letter.jpgPublished approximately 2 years ago.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

🥃🥃🥃

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21
Seven years ago. I was told by an orthopedic surgeon that I would need back surgery for my lower back. I told him that I wanted to check out all my options before signing. He said that he would see me back soon. I went to a very good chiropractor who does different therapies. I did take my MRI to him which he appreciated so that he could see the situation. He put me on a good health program: exercises and vitamins. My brother, who is a doctor, helped with a change of diet. In the first three months, the chiro and I did not know if it was going to work. He asked if I wanted to continue. I really felt that I needed to keep at it. I am so glad that I did. I have not needed back surgery. Can I still have some pain? Yes, but very little.....usually after lifting things that I shouldn't or not following the chiro's instructions. Be sure to check out the references of a chiropractor, just like all doctors.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

I'll probably never go to a doctor again for back pain. The last time I went I asked for pain medication or a muscle relaxant and I was told keep doing what you are doing and charged me $112.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

Bird dogs - on all fours - extend right leg and left arm, hold for 30 seconds.  Then switch to left leg, right arm.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

I am 78yr.and ate Tylenolby the hand full and got limited relief.  On a whem I tried CBD oil.  Vola allmost instantly my back pain disappeared!!!  Made a believer out of me.  No both my wife and I use CBD.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

When I have back pain (decades old osteoarthritis throughout my body), I immediately return to the exercise program in Robin McKenzie's little book TREAT YOUR OWN BACK and get myself painfree. I highly recommend the McKenzie method for any mechanical problem in the body. Find a physical therapist certified in this method and you will most likely agree it's the best gift you will ever give to youself. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

I go to an A.R.T. (active release technique)  chiropractor. They take an extra year of education focusing on muscles and nerves.  They must recertify every year and take continuing education classes.  They realize that the muscle memory will pull the same way and recreate the problem so they work on the muscles as well. It was my spine surgeon who recommended I try A.R.T. as a last ditch effort for me to avoid surgery.  My chiropractor does not sell pills or potions and once my issue is better, I do not need to see him again until I have significant pain. No weekly visits equals less money out of my pocket.  I have avoided spinal fusion and radiofrequency ablation for over a year now. This from a person who thought all chiropractors were quacks.

Add in gentle stretches and walking when I can. On the good days I exercise to a DVD called Body Groove for seniors.

Kudos
Views