From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What to Do If You Have a Low Back Pain Attack?

Message 11 of 24

I am 78yr.and ate Tylenolby the hand full and got limited relief.  On a whem I tried CBD oil.  Vola allmost instantly my back pain disappeared!!!  Made a believer out of me.  No both my wife and I use CBD.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24

When I have back pain (decades old osteoarthritis throughout my body), I immediately return to the exercise program in Robin McKenzie's little book TREAT YOUR OWN BACK and get myself painfree. I highly recommend the McKenzie method for any mechanical problem in the body. Find a physical therapist certified in this method and you will most likely agree it's the best gift you will ever give to youself. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

I go to an A.R.T. (active release technique)  chiropractor. They take an extra year of education focusing on muscles and nerves.  They must recertify every year and take continuing education classes.  They realize that the muscle memory will pull the same way and recreate the problem so they work on the muscles as well. It was my spine surgeon who recommended I try A.R.T. as a last ditch effort for me to avoid surgery.  My chiropractor does not sell pills or potions and once my issue is better, I do not need to see him again until I have significant pain. No weekly visits equals less money out of my pocket.  I have avoided spinal fusion and radiofrequency ablation for over a year now. This from a person who thought all chiropractors were quacks.

Add in gentle stretches and walking when I can. On the good days I exercise to a DVD called Body Groove for seniors.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

I'm not sure because of the fracture history. No harm to try! I also walk 3-5 miles every morning. Walking has helped me also in the long run. I walk inside a large shopping mall early in the morning before they open. Most shopping malls will let you in. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

I fractured my back in three places and had minor surgery, I feel discomfort in my back frequently as I walk a long way every day, would this exercise cure the ache I feel?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

My tailbone is loaded with arthritus. Every day I have lower back pain. One way to get some instant relief is: - put both arms behind your back

- grab your wrist

- pull back your shoulders as far as you can

- hold it as long as you can

- you will feel relief almost immediately

- repeat that a few times a day or whenever needed

- TRY IT!

Why des this work? ...because the muscles beginning at both shoulders criss cross your back and arr connected to your lower back. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

I was a skeptic, but not any more. Find a certified  one who is also asssociated with a physical therapy- fitness group....

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

The best case scientific argument for fluoridation is that you might save one cavity after 40 years of consumption. It is not a magic potion. Brush with it if you want and it doesn't bother you. It is a poison that will inhibit cavity causing bacteria in concentrated amounts. 

However, if your arthritis, kidney, psoriasis, liver, bladder or thyroid are problematic, even the amount in tap water can cause or worsen those problems.

See over 100 scientific citations in this Oct 2018 letter signed by 8 organizations against fluoridation: http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/icim/nutrition.pdf

See January 2019 article by environmental attorney RFK Jr condeming fluoridation: https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/u-s-water-fluoridation-a-forced-experiment-that-needs-to-end...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

stretch slowly, use ice, Advil liquid gels, inversion therapy- work up to complete free hanging over a 6 week period at least once a day (  with very slow movement), and massage

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

A good Chiropracter can do wonders both in the immediacy and for future pevention.

Kudos
Views