From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What to Do If You Have a Low Back Pain Attack?

Message 21 of 25

A good Chiropracter can do wonders both in the immediacy and for future pevention.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 25
I went back to drinking tap water with fluoride because at 60 years old I developed my first cavity. That was after drinking bottled water for two years.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 25

I had come to the conclusion that I'd never be comfortable again. No amount of yoga twists could help my back. I slept with several bolsters. I had been diagnosed with arthritis and 'chronic Lyme disease.' Then in 2014 with a multitude of health challenges, I gave up my water filter in favor for no-low fluoride bottled water.

The crippling arthritis in my foot went away in less than 2 weeks. Shortly thereafter, I was able to sleep without bolsters. I don't know exactly when the stiffness in my back and neck pain totally melted away, but they are gone. Fluoride, even in low doses, is an inflammatory drug. It has an attraction for bone and accumulates in bodies, brains and bones where it wreaks all sorts of havoc. It may not be cause or cure for everyone, but anyone with any inflammatory condition or skeletal stiffness is well advised to avoid all fluoridated drink, food and pharmaceuticals. 

Modern Opinion Based on Scientific Evidence

1. From 8 orgs: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/open-letter-nutritionists-about-fluoride-deception 
  2. From IAOMT: https://iaomt.org/resources/fluoride-facts/
  3. In the News: https://www.ehn.org/we-add-it-to-drinking-water-for-our-teeth-but-is-fluoride-hurting-us-2611193177....

SkeletalFluorosis.jpgSkeletal Fluorosis

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 25
I have read that Vitamin B3 with a strong dose and a flush - it's a vasodilator helps. I read that combining it with Vitamin C really helps long-term.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

What to Do If You Have a Low Back Pain Attack?

Message 25 of 25

What to Do If You Have a Low Back Pain Attack.jpg

A sudden pain in the back is perhaps one of the most unpleasant feelings that come as a surprise. It is especially uncomfortable if a person is in a bent position and cannot even straight up because the pain is so bad. And not knowing what's going on, makes the situation only more stressful.

Low back pain can strike suddenly and is merciless. The inability to change your body position when the pain strikes, is a specific protective measure of our body that reacts to the pain. Pain is an important body function to let us know that something is wrong and to localize it as well. Therefore, the pain attack cries “Check your spine, there’s something wrong with it!”

What Are the Specifics of the Attack?

• The pain is not only sudden – but growing. It pulses and gets worse.
  • You swoon unintentionally to ease the pain but don’t get paralyzed, the moving ability still functions.

Why Does Low Back Pain Strike?

Usually, it’s a warning about spinal diseases. For example, pathological changes in the metabolism of lumbar disks may have taken place. In addition, it can happen as a reaction of the body on physical strain, overcooling and other suboptimal conditions it had to go through. It happens in women more often than in men due to the specific physical differences.

How to Act When Low Back Pain Strikes?

When a person feels a sudden, strong pain that disables him or her to move, it can really knock you off the wagon. Therefore, it is important to know what to do in such situations before it happens. The keyword for low back pain attacks is “peace”, no matter how you may want to move.

1. The most comfortable position to survive the crisis is laying on your spine with your legs up and bent. Put pillows under your legs to feel comfortable. If there is somebody to help you, don’t hesitate to ask for the help you need.
  2. Call your doctor to come to you. After you feel better, you will need an X-ray and MRI.
  3. Stick to your doctor’s recommendations about therapy. It may be a physical or manual therapy, special orthopedic belt or ointments with spasmolytic effects.
  4. Sometimes, a special diet required.

The treatment will depend on your activity and following the doctor’s recommendations. If you follow them properly, one or two weeks will be enough to get rid of the low back pain, if there are no deeper and serious diseases that have caused the attack.

Kudos
Views
Replies