Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What do you do for your menopause symptoms?

Message 31 of 45

...that would be ME, 65 and flashing for the past 12 years.  I have gone down every avenue looking for relief from short term HT to herbal remedies to food and beverage elimination and supplimentation.  Naturopathic doctor recommended PhytoB, OTC plant based suppliment.  It worked!!!  Thus, it was removed from the market and put many women back into hotflash/nightsweats hell. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 45

i've got it totally dialed. i went plant-based, which means no flesh or secretions from animals last april and added a tablespoon of ground flax seed and a serving of soy every day. and not only did it nix the menopause symptoms, but it protects against breast cancer and heart disease and all the rest of the western diseases. don't believe the bad press that soy gets. look at the science. give it a chance. i am still noticing improvements every day. and the food is delicious and hearty. better than popping pills. and it's much cheaper and the only side effects are more energy, weight loss, and looking great.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 45

Oh my gosh!  Thank you so much for the tip.  I also have hypertension and I am currently on Lisinopril.  I will call and ask my doctor about trying Clonidine.  Thank you for some hope! Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 45

I am 71 years old. I had a full hysterectomy when I was 43 and went on hormone therapy for many years because the hot flashes were unbearable. After the women's study came out indicating that HRC can cause breast cancer I stopped the hormone pills and tried everything that was 'natural'. Nothing helped. Fortunately, about five years ago a friend of mine told me about a high blood pressure med that stops hot flashes. It's called Clonidine. She was on it for less than a year and experiences no more hot flashes. I have high blood pressure so have been taking this med since about the time she told me about it. I have no more hot flashes, and also my blood pressure is under control - a really great two-for-one.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 45

Advice don't waste anytime, get to your doctor and let him prescribe you some hormonal balance pills.  Mine are green and I love them.  Without taking the pill, I don't know what to eat, I don't know what to put on my salad, I can't sleep, hot flashes, etc. etc.  I speak what's on my mind without thinking, even negative, .......but with the pill everything is kosher.  Yes do it without delay, talk to  your doctor, don't wait around for the symptoms to become bigger, it is not worth it, get yourself some medication. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 45

I agree on the onward and forward thinking myself!  Smiley Happy  

I have been with hot flashes since I was 44, and I am 56 now. I really hope I am not one of those cases like my doctor says, there are apparantly some women that experience hot flashes the rest of their lives.  Lord, please don't let that be my case.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 45

I’m 64 now but the ages of 45-55 were brutal! Weight gain, thots askew, a misdiagnosis or two and the sad reality was .... MENOPAUSE. I can remember my mother leaning into me on Christmas morning, patted my thigh and whispered. ... “The middle years weren’t good to me either.” .... Well, I had to dig deep to give myself some positive coaching! I decided to fight thru it with no HRT, no anything. I survived but it was no fun. I wouldn’t want to revisit that time, actually I can’t think of a time I would revisit. Onward and upward! Tally ho ho ho, keep on keeping on! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 45
Sorry to hear that my suggestion didn't work for you - I hadn't smoked pot since my 20's - Dr knew how much I suffered and for now 8 years I've had hot flashes - I'm in my late 50's just started smoking weeds this year - maybe that's why it worked for me - don't know - all I know is if I forget to smoke - I'm back to severe hot flashes and several of them - my Husband always says - did you smoke?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 45

I'm passed this point, thank goodness, but knew I didn't want hormone replacement therapy (too risky), read 4 books by natural

paths - they all recommended don quai, soy and black cohosh, but in what amounts?

Well didn't go into it kicking and fighting, accepted it as part of nature (mindset) and started on a wonderful line of supplementation, basic vitamins and minerals. I breezed through menopause, one hot flash, no moodswings, continued to love life.  I feel my mindset and the supplements, allowing my body to work as it should and getting the nutrition it needed, made all the difference in my easing through this new stage of my life.  

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 45

I am a regular pot smoker.  It definitely helps with anxiety, but really does nothing for my hot flashes.  Smiley Surprised(

Kudos
Views