Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What do you do for your menopause symptoms?

Message 41 of 45
My doctor told me that a lot of patients told him that smoking weed or pot pills helped their hot flashes tremendously - so I tried it and it's just been unbelievable!! I went from 40 major hot flashes a day to some days NONE at all and at the very most 5 and they are much lighter and go away faster - incredible! Give it a try!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 45

It is more what haven't I done to try to get rid of hot flashes!  I even went as far as to go on hormone therapy for a while, several years ago.  After about a year or two of that, and still having a few hot flashes a day, I decided to stop that.  I was sure if I lost weight it would help, and I am now down to a healthy weight (lost 55 pounds), and still have hot flashes!  I mainly get them when I get stressed, drink any alcohol, or eat hot foods, which is an improvement over having them constantly for no reason at all, but still!. I have tried all the usual herbal remedies and even black liquorice (which I hate!), and nothing has worked.  I have had it for about 12 years now, with no end in sight.  Ugh!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 45

Yes, I've found lots of things that help with my weight gain. In fact, pretty much everything I do helps me to gain weight Smiley Tongue

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 45

I must have been very lucky not to experiencing any symptoms of menopause. And it's probably just as well, because any hormones I would have taken might have exacerbated the breast cancer I wound up with at 62!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

What do you do for your menopause symptoms?

Message 45 of 45

Have you found things to help with sleep loss, hot flashes, weight gain?  Have you experienced any of or all of these symptoms?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies